Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Property Descriptions

Florida Chatterbox
    Room in a Garage for a car !! - You must all be mad[msnwink]

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    Agree it should not be advertised as a double garage if you cannot get two cars in, it's a bit naughty.
    CDV

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
    Agree it should not be advertised as a double garage if you cannot get two cars in, it's a bit naughty.
    [/quote]

Not really. In USSpeak, 'Double garage' means one part for the car and the other for the games room. [sporty]
    Nostromo

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
    [/quote]

Not really. In USSpeak, 'Double garage' means one part for the car and the other for the games room. [sporty]
    [/quote]

No, double garage in the US means you can park two cars in it!!!![msnscared]
    Teresa

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by josephinekelly
    Not that I am going to do anything about it or even complain now I am back, but if a property is described as having a double garage, then when on intending to use it one finds a huge floor-bolted pool table dead centre, shouldn't this property make it clear that the garage cannot be used as a garage?
    [/quote]

Can I just ask why you are not going to do anything about it or complain?

Surely it would be better to politely point it out in a letter/phone conversation so that another guest does not have the same problem??

You could call it constructive feedback!!

I have to say it really makes me a bit cross when people moan (not saying you are) about something but do nothing about it!!![msnmad]

Florida Expert
    Who would even care about the car being parked in the garage!! Id be delighted to find a game room instead of an empty garage..course I love playing pool and ping-pong. Especially if the garage door didnt have the zapper for opening it as during a down poor the garage does come in handy! But give me a pool table any day!!
    Patti

www.orlandovillas.com/Villas/263.aspx

Florida Savvy
    The car we had was our own car, not a hired one which we may not have cared so much about. The reason we needed to garage it was that a hurricane was on its way. The pool table was definitely floor-bolted (my husband knows about these things) and was dead central so that not even one car could be garaged. The double garage doors were sealed and secured so that they could not be opened and the door to the house from there could not be locked. I cannot call it a games room as there was the washer and drier and cleaning items in there and it was not air-conditioned, so that we would not have been tempted to spend any time in there had we been interested in pool.

The reason I am making no real complaint at the moment is because the villa owner, who visited us during our brief stay, offered to let us garage our car at his own home but as that was some distance away, it may not have been practical when the expected hurricane arrived. This factor played a large part in our deciding to leave ahead of Ivan and drive back to Dallas where my daughter lives (Ivan followed on our heels all through the Panhandle 36 hours later) and the villa was probably OK. We had three nights there out of our fourteen booked and I am waiting to see if any offer/comments may be forthcoming from the owner. I am beginning to feel a bit sore about it, as if we had had the garage, we may well have stayed on and taken our chances.

how can anyone rectify a problem if they are not told about it??????
    ok its only a garage but you would have looked for a villa with useable garage?
    and if you wanted a games room you would have booked a villa that had one?
    but the owner should have told you but obviously didnt think it would bother you!!!!!
    tell them so they can change their descriptions of the villa so others wont feel as peeved as you!!!!!
    Liesa

Florida Savvy
    A scenario where a guest really wanted to garage a car of his own during a hurricane could be a rare one. In our own case, it had repercussions which contributed to our decision to leave. I will of course, suggest to the owner when all this has died down, that he amends his description as we really thought a double garage would be usable as just that.

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    I'd agree - tell the owner as they cannot be expected to sort out the advert text if they do not know about it. It does not have to be in the form of a complaint - a simple "I'm just letting you know about this so other guests will be clear" or something would suffice surely?

Most owners advertise on 10+ (sometimes 30+) sites and may have forgotten they even advertise on some sites. If they then add a games room they may innocently forget to update an advert on a site they forgot they were on. It's an easy mistake to make and will only get rectified if you let them know.