Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Property Descriptions

Doesnt a rental car deserve the same respect as your own car? Do you also think this way about the villa you rent?

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna
    we never wanted a games room, but if we got there and found there was one set up in the garage , well that would be a bonus,, but our car is only a hire car, if i paid a small fortune for car i would want to garage it, i think especially during a hurricane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but i wouldnt have gone home cos of it tho'[msnwink]
    [/quote]

Dave

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Carla
    I'm sure that Chrizzy is talking about the Cape and not Florida. I can't imagine any HOA in Central Florida letting home owners get away with that!!! It would be unsightly and potentially dangerous.

Raise your neighborhood standards Chrizzy - I thought that you were running the HOA???

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
    I may be wrong but I strongly suspect you are in the minority there. Most (if not all) HOA's I know of do not allow parking in the street like this.

Certainly I have never seen a problem in the numerous communities I have been to.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
    Most HOA's do not allow parking in the street. I know ours does not.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100
    The one time I would get upset with a neighbour renting in FL with a games rooms would be if they parked in the street....a pet hate of mine.....if there is enough parking infront the garage for the amount of people renting the home with cars......then a games room would be more useful to most people......
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

I know the locals park in the street where I am.....they have 5 cars across from us..and a garage filled with boxes....we have a rental across from us and most of the time the people renting use the garage.....sometimes the people renting are better then the full time neighbours.......
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

No Carla this is in FL......cars are always in the street.......it makes it hard work getting out our driveway sometimes.....if I lived there full time I would do something about it.......but I'm only there a few days at a time.....Here on the Cape we run the HOA.....which is now past its 25 year life so we do it more as a get together thing..parties...BBQs etc... we help the old folks if needed with their gardens...and we all pay so much each year still for the common areas to plant new flowers etc.......after 2001 we could no longer tell people to move cars ....or cut the grass.....or remove boats......or what colour they can paint their homes......
    To tell you the truth now the HOA is run by the locals in FL.....I can see a lot of things going out the window.....which in some ways I like..I want to do what I like to my home and I'm happy to let others do the same......but in others like street parking I don't like the idea of losing the HOA...........but you can't have everything.....

How awful! Glad our HOA is very strict - so we don't have a problem. Have not seen lots of cars in the road on the estates we have visited, so it does seem unusual to have such a problem.

Ellie
    ellie

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ellie
    How awful! Glad our HOA is very strict - so we don't have a problem. Have not seen lots of cars in the road on the estates we have visited, so it does seem unusual to have such a problem.

Ellie
    [/quote]

I'm not a fan of HOAs..and would if I'm honest be happy not to have one.... not parking your car in the way of other peoples driveways should not be just a HOA thing......it should be something you do anyway.....just because its the right thing to do......

Where we stayed this August the people next door (who also were the management co) often had 4 or 5 cars and 2 or 3 were on the street, in fact it was that way the night we arrived which was a surprise, but it was not 24/7.[msnsmile2]

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by lal
    Where we stayed this August the people next door (who also were the management co) often had 4 or 5 cars and 2 or 3 were on the street, in fact it was that way the night we arrived which was a surprise, but it was not 24/7.[msnsmile2]
    [/quote]

Its not a problem all over where I am in FL......its seems to be mostly my problem again.....it happens to us on the Cape where our neighbours park across from our drive........we have 110 ft wide front garden.....and they park across from the 12ft driveway part.....my daughter has a huge 20 year old USA car....and no matter how many times you asked them not to park there.....they forget...they're not be nasty about it...they say they never think about it....but they have space on their land for 6 cars......why park in the street........my daughter gets up at 6 for work so now she parks in the street so she knows she can get to work without having to knock on their door for someone to move the car.......I'm a very live and let live person.....but not when it stops others from doing their thing......now my daughter parks in the street they can nolonger park there.......so I'm hoping they'll carry on parking in their driveway......