Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aren't we lucky in UK

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by linda.s
    I think we all remember the headline Sevenoaks is now oneoak.......!

I think that our weather here is becoming more erratic as the years pass. The seasons seem to have moved a bit too, it's warmer later in the summer/autumn usually now, although we did have a warm spring this year. That's the problem, we just can't say that any time of the year is going to be good weather. We can never tell! I am sitting here now sweltering, and thinking about getting the fan out again! I do love the British weather though, when it is good - My idea of good is a beautiful spring/autumn day, breezy, but warm. We usually get about 4 of those a year!
    [/quote]

We get a lot of beautiful English like summer days spring and fall on the Cape......and we get FL summer days in the summer...hot and humid....and we always have some snow Christmas day...which I love.......I wish the winds would hold off a bit longer so the fall trees could hold onto their leaves.....the colours out out of this world.....

Gold 5 Star Member
    Apart from our changing climate, the worse thing for us round here is all the congestion, the
    pollution from heathrow and the dam tourists adding to the already congested roads. The most
    common illness now is asthma. Our air quality is the worse in europe and breaks all the
    guide lines.

In the summer all you can smell is the fumes from heathrow, in the winter the coffee being
    made at Neslte's

Chrisj

Florida Chatterbox
    What I meant to say really was that lately Florida seems to have had so many hurricanes in quick succession. I agree we do get our fair share of bad weather but not all at once! I just think it seems worse in Florida than here - but then I haven't been flooded and I just cannot imagine how awful it must be to lose all your possessions. I think on the whole we can count our blessings but the thing we don't get is much of the Florida sunshine - at least not this year!

Lisi

Gold 5 Star Member
    The problem with UK weather is that we comment on "how wonderful the day is" if we get over 2 hours of uninterrupted sunshine, which is not often [msnsad]. Usually, it is cloudy, windy and damp. In Florida, they take sunshine for granted most of the time. Hurricanes occur only in 'season' and even then it is unusual for them to come with the ferocity and persistence of the recent ones.
    Nostromo

Gold 5 Star Member
    We certainly do appear to have more weather related disasters here nowadays than we used to It must be heart breaking, where ever you are in the world

Florida Expert
    Is it just me getting old or does anyone else remember that when you were small it always snowed in winter & was always gloriously sunny in summer??
    Dawn

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CarolAnn
    We certainly do appear to have more weather related disasters here nowadays than we used to It must be heart breaking, where ever you are in the world
    [/quote]

Seems to be the case, doesn't it? In the last 15 years, there have been significantly more earthquakes, floods, hurricanes and more recently even volcanic eruptions world over than ever recorded before. Makes one wonder what all this is leading up to.[msnscared]
    Nostromo

Gold 5 Star Member
    and the summer started in May and lasted until September

and you would help your mum making lemonade or ginger beer
    Chrisj

Gold 5 Star Member
    I wish those FL people would stop sending their dirty wet windy weather up here..............my neighbour really will have to have his large pine tree cut down......its leaning right over his house.........

Florida Chatterbox
    And I remember having to wear my blue and white gingham summer dress and we knew it was summer time because I got to wear sandals - only had 2 pairs of shoes - winter ones and sandals! It always seemed to be sunny when we were kids.

Lisi