Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Immigration/passport photos

Florida Chatterbox

Immigration/passport photos

I have been reading about how twitchy the US immigration officials are now (quite understandably IMHO), just wondered if anyone has had trouble with them looking different than their passport photos.
    I have grown a beard since my photo wwas taken - is this going to freak them out?

cheers

Ian

Gold 5 Star Member
    We havent had a problem to be honest, We have just renewed our passports and did send in
    new piccies as ours were taken 9 years ago
    Chrisj

I did this and never had any problems going in.
    Dave [msnsmile2]

I have just renewed my passport, the old photo was 9 years old and I never had any problems.the new passport as had the remainder of my old one added to it and is now vailid for 10 years and 9 months.
    Jen & Amy

www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1481.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    Just renewed the kid's passports. Took them to the post office and paid £6 for the checking service, they sent them off and they were back within a week.The postage to and from the passport office is included in the £6 and in my opinion is well worth it.
    My 5 year old was 9 months old when the first photo was taken and he looks nothing like that now but they accepted the new photo without been countersigned. They also back dated his passport so that he now has 5 years 6 month left on it.
    Neil & Cathy

http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1401.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    Ian, if you have grown a beard, you might look very different from your passport photo! A few eyebrows were raised when I shaved off my moustache back in 1991 with the hairy version still on the passport. My suggestion would be to have the attested bearded photo put on the passport to be on the safe side or shave off the beard. (whichever is less of a hassle! )
    Nostromo

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
    Ian, if you have grown a beard, you might look very different from your passport photo! A few eyebrows were raised when I shaved off my moustache back in 1991 with the hairy version still on the passport. My suggestion would be to have the attested bearded photo put on the passport to be on the safe side or shave off the beard. (whichever is less of a hassle! )
    [/quote]

Thanks for that I was thinking on the same lines, I may grind it back to a stubble, coz I really dont fancy having to shave whilst on holiday, and its only three weeks till we go so I dont want to muck around with passports

thanks for all the other posts too (even though some were slightly off at a tangent!)

cheers

Ian

Florida Chatterbox
    When we applied for new passports we used the Post Office checking service, I had made a small mistake on 1 out of 3 forms and the Post Office missed the error as well, we got it sorted direct with the passport office and they sent a form to reclaim the checking fee from the Post Office.

I have just applied to change our driving licenses to the new type photo ID ones - needless to say I didn't pay extra for the checking service this time.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by pieman790
    Just renewed the kid's passports. Took them to the post office and paid £6 for the checking service, they sent them off and they were back within a week.The postage to and from the passport office is included in the £6 and in my opinion is well worth it.
    My 5 year old was 9 months old when the first photo was taken and he looks nothing like that now but they accepted the new photo without been countersigned. They also back dated his passport so that he now has 5 years 6 month left on it.
    [/quote]

we sent ours (kids renewals)wed 15th sept they were back thursday 23 rd sept, we sent them special delivery, they arrived back by a very nice chap 6pm thursday eve by hand, we are impressed!!!!!!!!
    Liesa