Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jeanne

Jeanne

Just listening to live bay news 9 and they are reporting heavy hurricane force winds in Polk county and sw Orlando area.

What a year its been for storms, as I was there for Charley I would just like to say good luck to all out there, stay safe!

P.S Don't ever book a holiday at the same time as Tyson!!!

Lake Wales high school has roof damage which is bad news as it is being used as a shelter!

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by lal
    Just listening to live bay news 9 and they are reporting heavy hurricane force winds in Polk county and sw Orlando area.

What a year its been for storms, as I was there for Charley I would just like to say good luck to all out there, stay safe!

P.S Don't ever book a holiday at the same time as Tyson!!!
    [/quote]

You may have something there Lal. I have been thinking; most of us associate the name 'Tyson' with the boxer Mike. But back in the 1950s, there used to be an English fast bowler called Frank 'Typhoon' Tyson. Maybe our forum friend Tyson is a relative or something, and so it is fitting.
    Nostromo

Florida Chatterbox
    Apparently, quite a lot of power outage along the 27 ... according to someone who lives there, and has no power.
    [OV]1499[/OV]

Gold 5 Star Member
    Err quite a lot of power outages all over, not just on 27. Almost 50% pf KUA were off thougb reports have been coming in of subdivisions coming back on the last hour or so. Much quicker this time, they obviously learned a lot in Charley.
    Julie

Gold 5 Star Member
    Tuscan Ridge lost power a few hours ago...thats maybe because they are repairing other parts of the system ...my friend there said it was a lot more windy this time.....and that he did have water damage inside..from one window..that was in need of repair anyway and the front door.....but he does have the old style windows before the codes were changed.....he has one of the oldest house on the Ridge......

Super Moderator
    heard that Kokomo Bay Southern Dunes had power restored at 7.30 pm yesterday

Gold 5 Star Member
    I would have thought if some power was affected on US27, it would be all communities? Calabay, as far as I am aware, has not lost any power during these awful storms. Wonder why? Of course, I am pleased, but curious?

Gold 5 Star Member
    We don't know about our villa yet, but Westbury lost power during Charley and I don't think Calabay did CarolAnn. Maybe use different sub stations.[msnsmile]
    Sarah

Gold 5 Star Member
    Yeah! Guess you are right Ray&SarahDon't think Calabay has been quite so lucky this time, thoughThough not heard of anything major, it did seem to suffer a bit more of a pounding this time round I await a phone call from the inlaws
    [msnscared]