Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Virgin Planes

Florida Chatterbox

Virgin Planes

Can anyone give me any info on the virgin planes ie:how the seats are set out? Is it that in economy there are 2 aisles with 3 seats together by the windows and 4 in the middle? And premium economy 2 seats rogether?[?]

Angela
    Angela

Check out: [website link edited]

andrew
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1338.aspx

Depends which plane - could be a 747 or an Airbus - configurations can differ from 747 to 747. They should be able to tell you which 'plane will be on your particular service, although, of course, this could change at the last minute.

Take a look on their website as it has all the seat plans so you can see where the loos etc are - good idea to avoid sitting near the big empty spaces at the back if you don't want a constant stream (forget the pun) if visitors queuing!

Ellie
    ellie

Gold 5 Star Member
    747 Jumbos usually have a 3-4-3 configuration in Economy, 2-4-2 in Business Class and 2-2-2 in First. But it can vary, particularly in the middle class depending on the fare and density. I am not sure about Airbuses.
    Nostromo

The above is correct, never flown up the front of the plane though.

DOM
    Dominic & Melanie Graham

i was wondering about that too, our paperwork dosent tell you what the plane is, all i know is V27 and a V16 would i like to know where i will be sitting,???????
    dont know as i might get myself all angry incase i got ignoramoses in front of me again,
    when any of you travel on a plane please spare a thought for the people you sit in front of, i mnetioned this on another topic the people in front seemed to drop the seat back and as i have arthritis in my left knee and right hip, it cramps me so much, i have tried to pre book seats but they have told me that i cant and that as i have a disability i cant have certain seats and my daughter had the bloke in front of her relax the seat right back so the tv screen was in her face we had many problems, please think of others none of us get free seats so we must consider other peoples needs too,
    thankyou
    Liesa

If you have flight ticket or eticket you can use it on the virgin site, enter the number and see if you have been allocated any seats.
    Jan

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna
    i was wondering about that too, our paperwork dosent tell you what the plane is, all i know is V27 and a V16 would i like to know where i will be sitting,???????
    dont know as i might get myself all angry incase i got ignoramoses in front of me again,
    when any of you travel on a plane please spare a thought for the people you sit in front of, i mnetioned this on another topic the people in front seemed to drop the seat back and as i have arthritis in my left knee and right hip, it cramps me so much, i have tried to pre book seats but they have told me that i cant and that as i have a disability i cant have certain seats and my daughter had the bloke in front of her relax the seat right back so the tv screen was in her face we had many problems, please think of others none of us get free seats so we must consider other peoples needs too,
    thankyou
    [/quote]

If you have a medical condition you could try getting a letter from your GP, then phone the airline and explain the situation they should help you, if they don't then go higher - manager etc.

Good luck

Gold 5 Star Member
    VS 27 and 16 are 747 Jumbo's
    Chrisj

Florida Newbie
    Yes VS16 & VS27 are both Jumbos. Generally all the Gatwick jumbos have NOVA inflight entertainment system which is about the worst Virgin seat back TV's - limited channels and no games if I remember correctly.
    If flying Premium Economy there are no bad seats - all PE seats are upstairs in the "bubble", and are 2 and 2 configuration.
    If flying Economy then the best seats are in rows 26/27 - fairly quiet, it's almost like a wee dedicated cabin of its own, you are generally served meals first and first off the plane. If you are going for a window seat then try and avoid rows 33/34/35 as there are only 2 windows between the 3 rows of seats. Avoid rows 36 - 41 if you want to steer clear of the q's waiting for the toilets.
    If there are only 2 of you travelling and want a window seat then go for rows 61 - 64 as these are at the very back they are configured in 2's instead of 3's. The seats are 3/4/3 configuration in the rest of econonmy