Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Virgin Planes

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    I can verify that I have the same information. We were flown back from MCO to MAN earlier this year on a Heathrow based Virgin B747-400 and the captain let slip about them replacing the old 747-200's with mainline Virgin -400's. I followed this up with my contacts and it is indeed the case.

I also heard a reliable rumour about the second daily service and know they are operating it later this year for a "trial" period.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by lal
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by AngelaB
    Lucy do you have inside info on Virgin??i'm not knocking it, in fact i am really happy about what you write cos we are going from Manchester and i want to know what kind of plane it will be. Will the 747-200 no longer be used then? or will they use them as well as the 747-400? I have checked out the V-Flyer site and it really is useful, anyone going with Virgin, check it out. I have been to the VA website aswell and it states on there that you can reserve your required seats at the time of booking or 330 days prior. I didnt think this was the case, i thought reservations for specific seats were to be done 180 days prior? Does anyone know anything about this? Also, has anyone tried the DIY checkin thingy??

Angela
    [/quote]

No I don't have insider knowledge its just what I have been told by Virgin Atlantic, I am ex cabin crew so I know who to ask and what to ask I suppose, and I do my research.

VA are not selling Club Orlando from May 2005 and this is because they are selling the full Upper Class Suite and it requires the 747-400's and proper Virgin crew to operate this type of service.

Hope this helps[msnsmile]
    [/quote]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
    I can verify that I have the same information. We were flown back from MCO to MAN earlier this year on a Heathrow based Virgin B747-400 and the captain let slip about them replacing the old 747-200's with mainline Virgin -400's. I followed this up with my contacts and it is indeed the case.

I also heard a reliable rumour about the second daily service and know they are operating it later this year for a "trial" period.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by AngelaB
    Lucy do you have inside info on Virgin??i'm not knocking it, in fact i am really happy about what you write cos we are going from Manchester and i want to know what kind of plane it will be. Will the 747-200 no longer be used then? or will they use them as well as the 747-400? I have checked out the V-Flyer site and it really is useful, anyone going with Virgin, check it out. I have been to the VA website aswell and it states on there that you can reserve your required seats at the time of booking or 330 days prior. I didnt think this was the case, i thought reservations for specific seats were to be done 180 days prior? Does anyone know anything about this? Also, has anyone tried the DIY checkin thingy??

Angela
    [/quote]

No I don't have insider knowledge its just what I have been told by Virgin Atlantic, I am ex cabin crew so I know who to ask and what to ask I suppose, and I do my research.

VA are not selling Club Orlando from May 2005 and this is because they are selling the full Upper Class Suite and it requires the 747-400's and proper Virgin crew to operate this type of service.

Hope this helps[msnsmile]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

Its about time too! We live in one of the wealthest areas in the country with more Porsches and Champagne per square mile than anywhere else in the country and Virgin have given us a second class service for way too long!!!![V]

Sorry just needed to get that off my chest!!!

LOL - I know exactly whay you mean.

Don't get me started on being treated as a second class citizen just because we do not live near London...I could go on for a long time [msnwink]

Its about time too! We live in one of the wealthest areas in the country with more Porsches and Champagne per square mile than anywhere else in the country and Virgin have given us a second class service for way too long!!!![V]

[/quote]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
    LOL - I know exactly whay you mean.

Don't get me started on being treated as a second class citizen just because we do not live near London...I could go on for a long time [msnwink]

[/quote]
    [/quote]

I know, I really notice it as I'm from West London originally, folks down south have soooo got the wrong impression of the north, I would not move back for all the tea in China!![msnwink]

Florida Chatterbox
    thanks Lucy and everyone else for the info

Angela
    Angela

Gold 5 Star Member
    Mind you you should pay our council taxes, a lot of which is pumped up north
    Chrisj

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrisj
    [/quote]

Err I dont think so! My parents live 7 miles from Heathrow and I pay much more in council tax than they do!

The only thing that is pumped here is pumped south, its beautiful water from the Lake District hence no scale in our kettles!![msnsmile2]

I don't think so - our council tax bills are as high as anywhere [msnsad]
    [/quote]

Gold 5 Star Member
    They must live near me then, Im about 7 miles away. Mind you would
    love to have soft water,ours is horrid round here and kills the washing machine etc
    Chrisj

They must live near me then, Im about 7 miles away. Mind you would
    love to have soft water,ours is horrid round here and kills the washing machine etc
    [/quote]

I think you are north of Heathrow?? They are south.[msnwink]