Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Animal Kingdom a bit dull?

Florida Newbie

Animal Kingdom a bit dull?

Having been there 3 times now, I think it's fair to say that this is my least favourite park. The only 2 things worth going for, for me, are the Safari and the DINOSAUR ride. Everything else is VERY tame and I feel this park is much more for the younger kids.

I do think it's worth the entrance fee for those two attractions alone, plus its a nice steady day out and just walking around the park is nice. What we tend to do is go to Animal Kingdom in the morning and head off to MGM at around mid-day to get in a few goes on Rock n Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror, amongst other things.

Anyone else left wanting a little more when visiting Animal Kingdom?

It's the newest park obviously, but I think they need to add a few more 'thrill' attractions to make the park more appealling to older big kids

I see they're making a new Roller Coaster, thats good, and I think a motiuon simulator ride and a log flume type ride would add much more depth to the park.

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    The new roller coater ride is going to be Expedition to Everest. and is said to be the tallest point in all the disney parks,

Well that what I heard of a first aid nurse in Typhon Lagoon in August.
    CERI

Gold 5 Star Member
    AK is a nice park, but I think it needs to get the balance right. As you say, The Safari and Pangani Trail are excellent as is the Maharajah Jungle Trek. The Tree of Life and Oasis are good too, but Rafiki's educational element needs to improve a bit. The worst part is 'Chester & Hester' playground which looks tacky and garish. I know it is meant to entertain younger kids, but even they have enough intelligence to be able to appreciate different things in life - like animals fo instance. But overall, AK is all right and the 'good bits' more than make up for the occasional hiccup.
    Nostromo

We think AK is great one of the best parks, there is lots to see and enjoy for the whole family.
    Jen & Amy

www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1481.aspx

Florida Expert
    I like Animal Kingdom as it gives you a different experience.

Things I like :
    • Dinosaur
    • Safari
    • The safari walk
    • Lion King show
    • Easy place to meet characters
    • Bugs Life show
    • Flights of Wonder (fantastic bird show)
    • Parade

Things I dislike
    • Tarzan Rocks (kept my attention for 2 minute, less for the kids)
    • The whole of Chester/Hesters (cheesy 2 bit carny and really naff, so un-Disney it's untrue)

It can be done in half a day but I prefer the other route by taking it slow and relaxing in a nice environment

Add the new Everest ride and I think they are on the right track.
    I suppose out of the four it is my least favourite but it is the worst of a good bunch

Brizzle

My gals are now 19 and 16 and the only time we get them near the place is when they bring friends over who have not been before. They are IoA and Sea World fans and don't want to visit Disney full stop. [msncry]My babies are growing up.
    Fiona

Gold 5 Star Member
    As our boys are 12 & 15 they are not into Disney at all, we did go to AK just after it opened and thought it a bit disapointing all we seemed to do is go round and round the tree. Sorry to all of you who like AK, just our opinion.[msnsmile2]
    Sarah

We really enjoy Animal Kingdom and it is getting better all the time. The new ride is looking quite spectacular!!! Our favourite show is the Festival of the Lion King
    Angela

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CERICROWLEY
    The new roller coater ride is going to be Expedition to Everest. and is said to be the tallest point in all the disney parks,

Well that what I heard of a first aid nurse in Typhon Lagoon in August.
    [/quote]
    Hope you recovered from whatever sent you to first aid!!!!![msnwink]

Liz

Florida Newbie
    i'm 14 and animal kingdom is one of my favourite parks
    Steph