Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Animal Kingdom a bit dull?

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    I agree with Julie by lunchtime the humidity really gets to me, but we love to go to see the animals which is what you should go for not the thrill rides, why do all the parks have to have them, not everyone likes thrill rides I certainly don't. My children however love thrill rides but do not expect them to be everywhere, they also go because they like the animals.
    Lyn

Florida Chatterbox
    we love AK, yes its not so thrilling as the others but is a lot more calmer.
    if you are there early you can get to see all the animals as its cooler for them,and you.
    we love kali river rapids and again if you get there early you can get a couple of goes in before you hit big queues.

Florida Chatterbox
    We like AK, but always make use of the "Hopper" and go either to MGM or Epcot later in the day. The main attractions are the animals. However the Safari annoys me with the chat from the airplane.[8D]
    Gary & Sam

http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1455.aspx

Florida Expert
    Sarah hit the nail on the head when she mentioned her sons ages;teenagers don't think it's cool.Whereas Johns children are just the right age for it.And then again as you become an adult

I got so soaked on the water ride last year that a Disney employee ran up and asked for their water back!

I also asked a Disney employee if some long thin animals had anorexia.I then got a long lecture about anorexia being confined to humans.Obviously,I was only joking,but slunk off!

We then went straight to MGM (where there are no water rides) and my dripping wet state got me some curious glances!

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Southsider
    I would not spend the day at AK, but worth going to see the Lion King show and then hop to another park

Tricia
    [/quote]

I agree Tricia

A day at AK is a lot especially when its hot, the park becomes very humid and uncomfortable but the Lion King show is a must.

Gold 5 Star Member
    We were thinking of going this time.....just me and hubby......we went when it first opened with the kids....but left early....I'm not sure if its going to be worth it or not...??

I spent years of my life helping out at a zoo.....so animals of alsort are of interest to me....but I'm begining to wonder if another trip to Silver Springs....may not be better for us....does anyone have 2 cents more to add to help make up my mind for me......[msncool]

Gold 5 Star Member
    We went to AK on our visit in April this year! We had a video camera this time, so the safari was interesting, I think I even have some of it on film. The dinosaur ride is always a favourite. I do understand that people see it as a come down almost from the other 3 parks, but I agree with comments that it is an easier stroll, with other things to offer. I do look at the river every year and wonder what they might put on that? It always looks so inviting [msnsmile]

Gold 5 Star Member
    Just arrived back from Florida this morning so everything is fresh in my mind. We went to Animal Kingdom and had a fantastic day. The best part was seeing Lucky the dinosaur. My two daughters are 9 and 3 but it was me and my husband who got more excited seeing a walking dinosaur trotting about, it made my day
    Caitlin
    Paula

Florida Newbie
    We came over last January with our Grandaughter. One of the days visit was to the AK, we arrived there not realising it closed at 5.00pm.
    She loved it{She is 5}.
    I found it very relaxing after the other parks..
    We now live in Tampa, and I am having my Grandaughter for the whole of the UK summer hols, and she has specially asked to go back to the AK, I am counting the days.
    Her best bit was finding the bones in the Dinasaur Park.
    Redlobster
    Redlobster

Florida Savvy
    <span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS"></span id="Comic Sans MS">
    I love AK. My kids (16 and 13) love Tazaarn Rocks and Lion King. I love Dinosaur. We all like the Rapids but try to do last as you get v. wet. It is smaller than MK, Epoct and MGM but you can take your time and be relaxed, look in the shops etc
    Maz