Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Animal Kingdom a bit dull?

We love AK, it is definitely a different experience to the other parks and therefore complements rather than competes with the others. The shows are good and the skaters in Tarzan Rocks are very good (if the music a little loud - I know it is meant to be a rock show, but it isn't really). The river rapids are good and the theming throughout the park is fantastic. With the animals you can occasionally see the fences and the hollow tree trunks on the safari are actually cement feeding stations for the animals. I think it would be difficult for any zoo to provide enough room for their animals, Seaworld are also perhaps guilty of this.

The employees are also well informed about the animals that they care for.

Gold 5 Star Member
    AK is ok! Just not a thrill ride park I guess! Think it has limited appeal[grin]

Florida Expert
    Plymouth, Devon UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, Fl
    I would not spend the day at AK, but worth going to see the Lion King show and then hop to another park

Tricia
    Tricia

We love AK - we spent ages watching the gorillas - we find it a really good park to do at the beginning of our holiday as we're still on UK time ie waking up early and the park is not too large so can easily be done in a day. I'm not a big lover of "animals in cages" I can't bear Sea World, but find that AK really gives the impression at least, that the animals have more room to roam and an education made fun factor - I also love the rides there - especially Dinosaur, Kali river rapids and Primevil Whirl - Ooh nearly forgot bugs life and the parade which are also excellent.
    Caroline & Dave

Gold 5 Star Member
    I agree that AK is very good - if you like animals, which we do. It is most certainly NOT DULL. Going to AK simply to see the shows and rides is pointless because those are no more than window dressings in a park which is essentially a mini-Animal Sanctuary. Given the limitations of space (even with 500 acres), Disney have done a decent job of making the animals feel as comfortable as possible - even though I admit that it can never be the same as being out in the wild.

I'll never agree that AK can be done in less than a day becuse we like to spend time seeing the Animals. Some animal-lovers like to spend even longer at the petting zoos and such - I think Amirah once posted that her family reserves TWO days for AK. AK will certainly be on our agenda every time we go to Orlando in the future and we will keep a separate day for the park.
    Nostromo

Gold 5 Star Member
    I do like AK-but also think they could do to add a bit more-not particularly another ride-I think they should add more of those at MK-but maybe another animal attraction of some sorts.

But then I think all of these parks should be constantly upgrading and adding to their attractions-just like we do with the villas-lol!

None of them should be just resting on their laurels.
    Orlandobabe

Florida Chatterbox
    AK wasn't our favourite park either, my kids won't go on hardly any of the rides so its not that we're looking for 'thrills' personally I just felt that it didn't have any atmosphere and there wasn't enough to keep us there all day
    Anita

Florida Expert
    We managed half a day, and that was only because of the queues, otherwise we would have left earlier.

Kaz
    KJH

We like Animal kingdom but never spend a full day there.

We arrive early and do the Safari, last time we had virtually no wait, this is my favourite part and if you go early you do see lots of animals. We then make our way back through the park fitting in the Lion King show, It's a bugs life and the dinosaur ride. Depending on the crowds we also like to visit the tigers and the gorillas. We do find that the park gets very humid by mid day, probably due to all the extra foliage around the walkways. I also think it is quite a difficult park to find your way around, I seem to end up taking a lot of wrong turns, but that's probably just me.

I don't particularly enjoy thrill rides so maybe that's why I like Animal Kingdom but I wouldn't want to spend the whole day there so I think hopper tickets or their new equivalent are a must.

Julie

Florida Expert
    If you do go you have to see the lion king show it is amazingi loved it!!!!
    solana