Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Animal Kingdom a bit dull?

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Newhomebuyer
    We really enjoy Animal Kingdom and it is getting better all the time. The new ride is looking quite spectacular!!! Our favourite show is the Festival of the Lion King
    [/quote]

Quite true, but we should remember that things like the Lion King Show or that upcoming Everest Ride are only window-dressings in a park where the live animals should be the real star attractions. [msnsmile]
    Nostromo

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    We did not rate it either, we went when if first opened, thought it was just an expensive zoo.
    CDV

Hi Dwkwim

When I read your post I thought I had been sleep walking in the night and written it myself. I agree word for word with everything you say.
    Nick

www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1791.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    We went when it first opened and did not like it at all. We did however try it again a year or so later, found it to be much improved and now really like it
    Ruth

Florida Expert
    Apart from a couple of rides, (which took up two hours to get on) myself and the children were bored stiff. Even with long waits we managed the whole lot in half a day.

Kids said they would not go back.[msnscared]

Karen
    KJH

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    We love AK and find it a really nice day out - relaxing and not as hectic as the other parks.

They have a great parade too which is well worth the visit itself [msnsmile]

Gold 5 Star Member
    The important thing about visitng AK is that one should go with a different frame of mind and expectations from most other theme parks. There is no point in going to AK like one would go to, say, Islands of Adventure and complaining that it was too dull by comparison. As I said before, AK places (or tries to) onus on its Animals and other frills like rides are mere bonuses.
    Nostromo

Gold 5 Star Member
    I love AK, but then I love animals and I don't like thrill rides very much. It's a great day out for a relaxing wander around learning about the animals, which I think is a must for all kids.

Ny grandkids (13 & 15) just love the zoo in the UK and I know would be thrilled at the chance of spending a day at AK, if only we could afford to take them to Florida.
    blott

I think the important thing to remember about AK is that it is primarily an animal park. If you don't like seeing animals then you may well be disappointed.

I understand the need for other attractions within the park such as animal themed rides, but if it was filled with these, it would be like every other park.

Personally we love AK, as it's a great relaxing day out, and the great thing about animals is you never see the same thing twice.
    Chris & Peter

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:

Quite true, but we should remember that things like the Lion King Show or that upcoming Everest Ride are only window-dressings in a park where the live animals should be the real star attractions. [msnsmile]
    [/quote]

I felt that the animals were not kept in the best conditions I would have imagined Disney to provide. The tigers were constantly pacing (never a good sign) a repeated pattern back and forth. And as for the 'safari' setting, I have spotted the disguised electric fences seperating the animals from each other. I understand that they would all end up killing each other if they were literally left to roam free, but I think perhaps by Disney trying to maintain it's magical theming reputation, the animals are losing out.
    Tink