Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Paying by Maestro

Florida Newbie

Paying by Maestro

Do most shops and restaurants in Disney/Orlando accept maestro card payments?

I've always taken TC's in the past but this time was thinking of using my maestro card to have the money come directly out of my bank when i need it. I hear you can also use your maestro card in most ATMs to get cash at a better exchange rate than you'd get for TC's in the UK.

Plus, there's no need to change my money back to pounds when I return to England.

I know there are fees for using my Maestro card in ATM's but how aboout using it for shopping/dining out?

Is this a good idea or should I stick to TC's?

Gold 5 Star Member
    Dont know about a Maestro card, but we use a nationwide debit card for both purhcases and
    atm's and we dont pay any fees and get a higher exchange rate
    Chrisj

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    They should do, double check with your bank.
    CDV

Florida Newbie
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrisj
    Dont know about a Maestro card, but we use a nationwide debit card for both purhcases and
    atm's and we dont pay any fees and get a higher exchange rate
    [/quote]

Maestro's just another name for Switch if that makes sense. It's a Natwest debit card basically.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Oh right, then it should work but as CDV has suggested a quick call to your bank should
    confirm that it will work
    Chrisj

Florida Newbie
    will do, thanks.

Super Moderator
    Most definitely recommend the Nationwide cards. We have found the exchange rate much much better as they do not charge a variety of hidden fees. Just come back from a hop across the channel and got an exchange rate of 1.48 for the euro as opposed to 1.41 for TC and cash.

Florida Newbie
    Natwest charge 2.75% exchange fee and a 2% commission fee.

Now I'm not sure if it's worth doing this or just getting Travellers Cheques.

I've looked at the Nationwide card and you're right, it's fee free. It's too late for me to set up an account though, I fly next week ;(

Gold 5 Star Member
    If you buy commission free travellers' cheques you start off saving 4.75% over Nat West before you've done anything else!

Make a note to apply for a Nationwide card when you get back for the next Florida visit!
    blott