Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

View Poll Results: Best Car Hire company?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hertz

5 4.31%
  • Avis

3 2.59%
  • National

0 0%
  • Dollar

79 68.10%
  • Alamo

20 17.24%
  • Budget

5 4.31%
  • Thrifty

1 0.86%
  • Other (please specify)

3 2.59%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Car Hire company?

Gold 5 Star Member

Best Car Hire company?

This poll might be a bit superfluous given the popularity of a certain firm over its competitors in the Orlando sector, but worth getting opinions anyway.
    Nostromo

Gold 5 Star Member
    I have used most on the list through personal travel and work, To be honest they are
    all very similar. To me a car is a device to get from A to B, so I go for price rather
    than company
    Chrisj

Gold 5 Star Member
    Agree with you ChrisJ
    Though Dollar is on site at MCO which apart from anything else, is a bonus in itself[8D]

Florida Expert
    I chose to ignore the price issue and voted with regards to service.
    I went with Alamo because at MCO you can actually pick the car you want from the parking lot and drive that one out as opposed to Dollar where you were allocated the car at the desk.

But all things not being equal since the price for Dollar is cheaper on this site I would normally go for them for pure savings.

They are so close in terms of service it is almost a dead heat.

Brizzle

Gold 5 Star Member
    I chose Dollar as, in our experience having tried most of the rest, we think they have better cars, newer, less miles and models more suited to our requirements.
    blott

Florida Savvy
    We've only been the once so not really in a position to vote. The car we had was hired through Alamo and seemed fine enough. Next car is booked through Dollar so we will have a chance to compare next year. [msnwink]

I agree with Brizzle though that it was great to go and pick your own car with Alamo [msnwink]

We have booked it through this site's link, so I will obviously let you know if there are any probs. I can't imagine there will be though!! [msnscared][msnscared]
    Phil & Mel Moore

Florida Savvy
    Booked an economy 2 door in Nov 2002. When we went to pick it up it was a 4 dor! Bonus! After 1 week the car just died. The battery wouldn't charge. Anyway, we managed to get back to our villa (after 2 lovely blokes in a huge pick up got us going again) and I phoned Dollar at Orlando Int. They were at my villa within 1 hour with a 7 seater mini-van with FULL tank of fuel.

Wonderful service by Dollar

Gold 5 Star Member
    We've been making our way throught the list of car hire companies and so far L&M has been the best one for FL......not only on price......but on service........we'll stay with them for our trips from a while and see if that stays the case.........

Florida Savvy
    We had Dollar on our last two occasions, however, our last visit just recently we just sailed through imigration/customs and baggage coollection and actually got to the dollar desk whils there were people still queueing from the last flight. Anyway we had pre-booked a 12 seater (which is just eight seater +4 previous posts)and were very disappointed when we had to wait for one to become available, this took 2 hours, we were not amused.

I did approach the desk saying that if I returned the vehicle late I would be charged extra, to which they reply we will extend the hire period......a lot of good when you've a plane to catch!!!!.

So, nice comfortable car/van but the wait is something that no one wants.

Just a little bit of advise to anyone thinking of getting an 8/12 seater, other than its the same vehicle, is that any elderly people in your group may have difficulty in getting aboard these beasts, we did have to buy a step from walmart but before that we had to get MIL in by piling up bags and cases to act as steps, looking back on it it was very funny and the looks we got!!!!!!!

Florida Expert
    With regards to the wait, the last time we went, by the time we arrived at Alamo desk to pick up the car we had to wait about 45 minutes due to the queue.
    We kept looking across at the Dollar desk and there was no wait at any time so it seems like the luck of the draw with regards wait time.

Brizzle