Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

View Poll Results: Best Car Hire company?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hertz

5 4.31%
  • Avis

3 2.59%
  • National

0 0%
  • Dollar

79 68.10%
  • Alamo

20 17.24%
  • Budget

5 4.31%
  • Thrifty

1 0.86%
  • Other (please specify)

3 2.59%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best Car Hire company?

Florida Chatterbox
    Wouldn't book with Alamo again. Had trouble with the car and hubby took it back early in the morning before anyone else up. Unfortunately my eldest had left his brand new sunglasses in a pocket in the car. Hubby raced back but they said no sunglasses found in any cars! Alamo = thieves! They were definitely in the car we returned. 1 pair of sunglasses = no more business from us for the next ? amount of years!! Hope they are pleased with their staff. We always try to book with Dollar now.
    Francine

Florida Expert
    I have used Hertz, Dollar & Alamo.

Hertz have better cars BUT much more expensive even with my work discount I used to get.

Dollar cars OK price very good, L&M never have great availability. Alamo I like as you can pick your car. My hubbie also picks the biggest engine!!
    Berni Deno and Maya
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1997.aspx

Florida Chatterbox
    We've used a few of the companies on the poll but since having an accident in Miami we have always stuck with Dollar.

In short we were on our way back to Orlando from the Keys and whilst in traffice in Miami were 'rear ended' at a red light by one of those big yellow school buses of all things! We were lucky in that a fire truck were in the lane next to us and they coned off the road, checked we were OK and contacted the local police (they were also very good witnesses that it wasn't our fault!!)

When we finally got sorted we contacted Dollar expecting to go through loads of hassle and paperwork when in fact it couldn't be easier. They gave us details of the local pick-up and when we got there we just handed over the police report number and a new convertible was waiting for us.

They were also really good about making sure we felt safe driving etc and sorting out where we were going to stay as it was now evening.

Top Service all round!!

Tracy

Florida Expert
    We have used most of them over the years. They tend to change position in the Best/Cheapest league every few years. I too like the fact with Alamo you can pick your car from the Garage. At one time Dollar was the most expensive now they seem to have dropped prices to match and beat Alamo. They have dropped some of their cars though. At one time in their full size line up was the Dodge Intrepid or Poniac Grand Prix. Last year when we went they only had Ford Taurus as a full size. Also Dollar only rent for periods of 28 days. Whereas Alamo do it for 56 Days I believe. I think Budget was the cheapest for us about 4 years ago for a full size.

Steve & Dawn
    Steve & Dawn

Florida Savvy
    Had to go for Dollar as this is the only company we have used due to the price, standard of car and the service we have received. Doesn't seem much point in changing.

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Steve and Dawn
    We have used most of them over the years. They tend to change position in the Best/Cheapest league every few years. I too like the fact with Alamo you can pick your car from the Garage. At one time Dollar was the most expensive now they seem to have dropped prices to match and beat Alamo. They have dropped some of their cars though. At one time in their full size line up was the Dodge Intrepid or Poniac Grand Prix. Last year when we went they only had Ford Taurus as a full size. Also Dollar only rent for periods of 28 days. Whereas Alamo do it for 56 Days I believe. I think Budget was the cheapest for us about 4 years ago for a full size.

Steve & Dawn
    [/quote]

I was surprised last year too when Dollar could no longer offer a Dodge Intrepid - it was a Taurus or nothing in the full size .

Is this permanent??

A few people have mentioned chosing their cars from Alamo - how does this work and can you do it at the airport or do you have to go to the depot??
    Julie

Dollar everytime. Simply NO QUEUE, Every time we arrive at MCO we take one look at Alamo and go "Thank god" we do not have them.

Also is there sucha thing as a 2 door compact. I always go for a 2 door - never ever had one.

Michele

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Michele L
    Dollar everytime. Simply NO QUEUE, Every time we arrive at MCO we take one look at Alamo and go "Thank god" we do not have them.

Also is there sucha thing as a 2 door compact. I always go for a 2 door - never ever had one.

Michele
    [/quote]

We always order the two door....and always get an upgrade to a four...

We go with who ever is the cheapest....this time its budget...last time we use a place based in the UK with everything in the price....but this time they worked out more than Budget.....so far all the places we have used have been fine...no waits...nice clean cars...no trouble at drop off..etc....the Dollar car did make a sound like we had a police car behind us some times......[msnscared]

Florida Expert
    Have used Alamo and Dollar with the cars from both being quite OK. However the service at the desk with Dollar last year was terrible. We were pressured to take a larger vehicle and made to feel stupid when we refused. The man was down right rude. Had I not been so tired and anxious to get on our way I would have made a formal compliant.[msnmad]

Jeff
    Jeff & Dallas Myers
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/256.aspx

I must be using the wrong company
    Fraser & Diana

http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1333.aspx