Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

View Poll Results: Best Car Hire company?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hertz

5 4.31%
  • Avis

3 2.59%
  • National

0 0%
  • Dollar

79 68.10%
  • Alamo

20 17.24%
  • Budget

5 4.31%
  • Thrifty

1 0.86%
  • Other (please specify)

3 2.59%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best Car Hire company?

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    As far as I know L&M only rent to US customers - either that or they do not offer the insurances UK guests need.
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100
    We've been making our way throught the list of car hire companies and so far L&M has been the best one for FL......not only on price......but on service........we'll stay with them for our trips from a while and see if that stays the case.........
    [/quote]

Gold 5 Star Member
    The last 2 times we have been over we used Hertz as we got good deals with them but both cars developed faults and had to be replaced. In their defence the service we received was excellent, they brought the cars to the villa's for us and nothing was too much trouble.

We have also used Dollar, Alamo and Budget with no problems. They are all much of a muchness and as long as they fit the luggage in and get around where we want to go, thats good enough for me

Our next 2 cars have been booked with Dollar from the link at the top of the page
    Rosie

Florida Chatterbox
    Well, we have only used Dollar, and are using them again for FLorida (I have used Budget when over for work and they were fine, but that was in Detroit)

We found the queue at Dollar not too bad, and they offered to upgrade our car, which we accepted, as the cost was far less than if we had done it from they UK, so we were very happy! We had a MPV as the upgrade last time, so we've gone for it again, as we like them!

Gold 5 Star Member
    I normally have a compact as there are only 2/3 of us with only hand luggage.

I have found that the Alamo compact cars are without central locking, electric windows, electrically adjustable mirrors while the Dollar cars have these items – I don’t know if I have just been unlucky but I go several times a year.

Most of the cars are only a few months old with very low mileage. However they obviously get a very rough life as there are often scratches to the bodywork and stains inside. At least with Alamo you get to choose a less marked version.

That said the cars only get a cursory inspection for damage on return and you are ‘processed’ in a couple of minutes.

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
    As far as I know L&M only rent to US customers - either that or they do not offer the insurances UK guests need.
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100
    We've been making our way throught the list of car hire companies and so far L&M has been the best one for FL......not only on price......but on service........we'll stay with them for our trips from a while and see if that stays the case.........
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

That I'm not sure about....I found info on them on a holiday forum.....after L&M came up as the cheapest on my searchbar....so I went to see if anyone was unhappy with the service.......and found out that the only ones that were.. never read the e-mail that tells you you MUST take you INs papers with you if you're not taking their Ins......or they will make you take out theirs......

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    Much of a sameness I think. Although Alamo provided shocking service the last time in August, made us wait in the sun after a 10 hour flight for half an hour as they did not have any cars!!! We had obviously prebooked. The car eventually came dripping wet, no problem with that but it had not been valeted inside and smelt of smoke also. Covered in scratches and paint job on the bonnet where someone had damaged it and tried to cover it. They were like yeah its ok but I insisted they took down all the damage. Not using them again if we can help it.
    CDV

We have never had any probelms with alamo.

They always come up the cheapest!

DOM
    Dominic & Melanie Graham

Dollar for us everytime
    Barbara
    Barbara

Florida Expert
    We have had both.

Think of going with Alamo this year though, as they are the cheapest we have been quoted. We have had a dollar car go wrong twice, both on the same trip and they exchanged them both no problems, infact they upgraded us.

We had a car from Dollar at Sanford Airport and there was only my mum, myself and our little girl (18 months at the time), the car was clean on the outside and it absolutely stunk of smoke... we refused it and then got upgraded to any car we fancied. Even down to a 4 wheel drive and we had only paid for an economy car. Think we picked a full car in the end, as this was the first time I had driven in Florida.

Florida Chatterbox
    We've only used Alamo so far and both times they have been excellent!!
    Anita