Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 9/11

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by lal
    I have been to New York hundreds and hundreds of times and I miss the Towers so much. I have so so many photos from the top of viewing platform that I will treasure forever. I also love planes and so two of my great loves collided 3 years ago and caused much pain and lost of life that I have not been able to go back since, my husband went on business earlier this year and took video footage of ground zero for me - heartbreaking!

God Bless all!
    [/quote]

I love New York to, although only did the top of the Empire State Building, have not been there since 1999, so bet the difference in the skyline is very obvious.
    CDV

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by lal
    I have been to New York hundreds and hundreds of times and I miss the Towers so much. I have so so many photos from the top of viewing platform that I will treasure forever. I also love planes and so two of my great loves collided 3 years ago and caused much pain and lost of life that I have not been able to go back since, my husband went on business earlier this year and took video footage of ground zero for me - heartbreaking!

God Bless all!
    [/quote]

I love New York to, although only did the top of the Empire State Building, have not been there since 1999, so bet the difference in the skyline is very obvious.
    [/quote]

CDV,

Hubby says it feels so strange without the Towers, you really miss them. I have promised myself I will go back soon [msnsad]

Florida Expert
    I was in Canada when the planes hit. I'm a pilot myself and we arrived in Ottawa the previous evening on a layover. Another crew took the aircraft out at around 6am so we were there without a means go get home. Like the rest of the world I watched the horror live on TV. I don't think I turned it off all day. On 9/12 I went for a walk. I came across the US Embassy in downtown Ottawa. Thats when the emotion really hit me. The walls of the compound were covered with flags, flowers, teddy bears, pictures..... It was so sad. I lined up and signed the book that was being sent to New York.
    During the following months I flew many trips in and out of La Guardia. The site was still smoking two weeks later.
    Now we have reinforced doors, locks, security up the ying yang, pat downs, armed sky marshalls, crazy wars that I'll debate on a different forum. But I often think about that wall in Ottowa. All political barriers were down for a while and we morned those innocent folks who were just at work.
    I think that's when I truly became a US Citizen.
    Jeff & Amy Stephens

Florida Expert
    I've just been clearing out my cupboards today and came across the Daily Mail for the dtaes 12th, 13th, 14th and 15th of September 2001. The scenes on the front covers still made me well up inside even after this many years. I have kept the papers to show to my grandchildren (if any ever materialise.

Jacqui
    www.orlandovillas.com/Villas/73.aspx

Florida Expert
    Thinking of all the familys involved in 9/11 also all who are invloved in Katrina
    God bless you all
    Sheena.
    www.orlandovillas.com/villas/40.aspx

It is such a sad time of year, New York was such a big part of my life for such a long time and my sadness does not subside[msnsad]

Thoughts and prayers to all who lost loved ones on 9/11 and more recently due to Katrina[grouphug]