Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Up Close & Personal !

Florida Savvy

Up Close & Personal !

Hi all,

We visited and throughly enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere of Gatorland. We sat down to enjoy the 'Up Close & Personal Show' but got more involved than we expected. I ended up being 'chosen' to stand in the 'circle of safety' and ended up holding a Scorpion - aaarrrggghhhh !!!!(and I have the photos to prove it!). I'm just glad it wasn't some big spider or I would have run off!

We will no doubt return to Gatorland to see some other unsuspecting visitor be 'chosen' !

Cheerio, Mo

http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1525.aspx

Florida Expert
    Sounds good, I might take a look next trip.
    Not sure I could do the holding things thing, I defintely could not do a spider and scorpions look pretty similar.

I keep thinking of the James Bond film where I'd have to run to safety over a 'bridge' of crocs.
    Is this where it was filmed?

Brizzle

Gold 5 Star Member
    Nope, it was filmed at Ross Kananga's Crocodile Farm in Montego Bay on Jamaica.
    blott

Florida Savvy
    Hi all,

When they put the scoripon in my hand I initally thought it was plastic......until it started to move !!

Funnily enough - when I returned to my seat - quite a few fellas said they couldn't have done it either.

Oooerr,

Mo
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1525.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    So come on Mo lets see the pics. You were brave, I wouldn't have done it.[msnsmile2]
    Sarah