Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

View Poll Results: Checking out of your rental villa.

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would not strip beds or put washing in if asked.

5 3.94%
  • I would have no problem in putting washing machine on or stripping beds.

113 88.98%
  • I think it is the owners responsibility.

9 7.09%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Checking out of your rental villa.

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar

Checking out of your rental villa.

Can I ask a question out of general intrest? It is regarding stripping beds, putting washing machines on etc before you leave as the cleaners have a very short time inbetween guests to turn around the villas. I have my own thoughts on the matter which I won't divulge yet until I see the general opinion. For those that have stayed in Villas before be interested to hear your experiences.
    CDV

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    Can't see the problem with putting the things into the washing machine myself. If the house is on a back to back booking with guests out at 11am and the next arriving at 4pm then it's the only way they will get done in time as the cleaners will have more than one house like that to do that day and will not have time.

Of course, if guests do not want to do this then we would have to send the cleaners in before they check out to make sure it is all done in time for the next guests arrival or we'd have to insist on a 10am or 9am checkout which we do not want to start doing.

I have to say we have never had a problem with ANY of our guests in our villas putting the washing on.

Gold 5 Star Member
    We think you should lead by example and do it!!

You would not want to turn up at a villa and find that the cleaners are just on their way out!

It may just be us, but even if not asked we would do it out of politeness!

Obviously it is different when you own your own villa, you really need it to be done to help out the next guests and the cleaners.

This will be an interesting one!! [msncry]
    Andrew & Diane Moore

Gold 5 Star Member
    If I wanted to be waited on.........I'd book a hotel room.....if you think about it......if you're staying 2 weeks..you would of washed the sheets once anyway.....if not more in the hot sticky weather......so why should it be any trouble putting them in the washer one more time........?

Gold 5 Star Member
    We saw no problem with being asked to do this, We even spend the last day tidying up and
    doing the hoovering, mind you this year with no power we couldnt do much tidying up, and
    I even apologised to the owner on the phone before we left.

I see nothing wrong with being asked to do this, and as Chrizzy has said, you have more than
    likely washed the bed sheets during your stay anyway, and to be honest it only takes a few
    minutes to put the washing machine and dishwasher on
    Chrisj

Gold 5 Star Member
    A lot of rental homes in other areas of US dont even provide you with linen or towels so I really cant see that guests would have a problem with placing the first loads in the washer, at least my guests certainly never have.

Lesley
    www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-784.aspx

We have stayed in villas twice before we bought one. we never had a problem putting on a wash, we did towels and our own stuff during the week, put on a wash the night before and had one in dryer and one in washer when walking out the door.

Florida Junior
    As the owner of a cleaning company,we clean for some members of this forum ,you would be surprised ,on how people leave a villa after there vacation ,some guests wash the bedding & towels for you and leave a note telling you what as been done and what has not ,others leave the villas like a pig stye .this past summer a owner left there villa looking like a bomb site .some weekends we may have 25-40 cleans to complete ,so yes it would be nice if guest's did put a cycle of washing on for us.Some guests out look is, that they pay there money ,and know that someone else will clean up after them

when you have a back2back booking and only 4hrs to clean the house
    plus say 5 others as well ,,yes a little help with a load of washing would help a great deal

Gold 5 Star Member
    We stayed at villas before we owned one and didn't mind at all putting the washing on, even cleaned the place before we left.
    Sarah

Gold 5 Star Member
    Interesting that the two people who have voted that they wouldnt do it or think it is the owners responsibility havent posted their reasons why or any comments.

Lesley
    www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-784.aspx