Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

View Poll Results: Checking out of your rental villa.

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would not strip beds or put washing in if asked.

5 3.94%
  • I would have no problem in putting washing machine on or stripping beds.

113 88.98%
  • I think it is the owners responsibility.

9 7.09%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Checking out of your rental villa.

Florida Savvy
    I've always been a quest so I've always stripped the beds and put them on and have them dried and folded for ironing before I leave. Then I put on the towels that we used showering that morning and hope they're ready for the drier before we leave. I usually leave the washing powder, dishwasher liquid that I bought too. Like someone posted above. If we dont use one of the bedroom / bathrooms then I leave a note for the cleaner to say that its never been used - although its very obvious but I wouldn't want her to be doing unncessary cleaning. My Mum used to be a clean so I know how hard she had to work. I normally run round with a hoover and brush the bathrooms floors too.

Really is it not just common practise to wash the bed linen etc before you leave. I cant think of a reason not to do this.
    Helen

We explain it to guests in terms of it being courteous to those following them, in the same way that the guests previous to them, by stripping the beds etc. allowed our cleaning crew the time to prepare the villa prior to their arrival.

We have never had any complaints, and a lot of guests do vacuum the place too
    Chris & Peter

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    All music to my ears!
    CDV

I always wash sheets, towels etc. before I leave and place in tumble dryer as well. This is how things should be, I have rented a lovely home and am only too happy to do these small things before leaving. Always wash the last of the dishes as well. Common practise to leave behind soap powder, dishwasher powder, bags, toilet roll. Surely everyone does the same? Every villa I have rented has always had a few essentials left behind to get you started before you go shopping.
    Jan

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by eagleydo
    I always wash sheets, towels etc. before I leave and place in tumble dryer as well. This is how things should be, I have rented a lovely home and am only too happy to do these small things before leaving. Always wash the last of the dishes as well. Common practise to leave behind soap powder, dishwasher powder, bags, toilet roll. Surely everyone does the same? Every villa I have rented has always had a few essentials left behind to get you started before you go shopping.
    [/quote]

Not everyone is as tidy, I have heard some horror stories. One owner on here had holes knocked in her walls and pool trahed etc etc. BAD!
    CDV

Gold 5 Star Member
    Out caretakers said we did NOT have to do it, but we cleaned-up the house, hoovered the carpet and washed/dried all the linen. I think it is common decency to do so when someone has trusted us with their house.
    Nostromo

We always treated the villa like our own home; no problem stripping the beds and starting the washing machine Pamela is a expert!
    Dave [msnsmile2]

Florida Savvy
    I really don't see a problem in stripping the beds and putting the washing in. Done it 3 times now and will do it again in 2 weeks!

Have you seen the size of the villas?[:0] I wouldn't like to have to clean them

Try paying for them!!!!!!!!!!!!
    CDV

Gold 5 Star Member
    Compared to prices in the UK, they are a very good price
    Chrisj