Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

View Poll Results: Checking out of your rental villa.

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would not strip beds or put washing in if asked.

5 3.94%
  • I would have no problem in putting washing machine on or stripping beds.

113 88.98%
  • I think it is the owners responsibility.

9 7.09%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Checking out of your rental villa.

We certainly have no problems in putting linen in machine,be it hotel or villa we always tidy up ,strip beds etc. My mother was a cleaner and believe me she appreciated any help she got

Lorraine

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    Thought this would be the general opinion but it is interesting to see it is mostly owners who say they would not mind. Presuming guests feel the same???
    CDV

Gold 5 Star Member
    im a guest, well i was and we dont mind, but i take on board what you have said that
    some people have the opinion its covered by what they pay in rental,
    Chrisj

Super Moderator
    Before we owned our villa we stayed in villas and we always started the washing before we left. As already mentioned it is not a hotel but self catering. If sheets and towels were not supplied we would have to take them home and wash them it is not as though we were asked to iron them and put them back on the beds!

Chrisj we have had several people stay in our villa who have done the same as you before leaving and I certainly appreciate people like you who make life a bit easier for the cleaners and take care of my home.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Thanks Jill

The way I look at it is, you have paid thousands for a house, spent thousands putting in
    furniture etc and then trusted it to me and my family for a few weeks. I think the least
    we could do is respect the property and treat it how we would want our own home treated.

Chrisj

Florida Chatterbox
    I'm a guest and we always put as many loads as poss on before we leave, and separate remaining dirty laundry into coloured/whites/towels etc. close by the washing machine.

We think it is only courteous and having found the home in excellent order when we arrived, think we should help do the same for the next guests.

I always feel sorry that I haven't managed to do ALL the laundry, but inevitably you are tied for time to do all the bed linen in 4 bedroom villa on the last morning - and everyone wants to have that last dip in the pool - although we try to encourage everyone to use towels we have brought with us for that last swim, and pack them in our own dirty laundry suitcase.

'Sandpiper Retreat' you can rest easy that even with a New Years Eve hangover , your guest will respect your property and the washer will be on!

It might be a bit 'sad' but I quite enjoy using the American machines whilst away, and it is not as much of a chore somehow. On the last few days I try to wash some of our own clothes so that I haven't got as much when we get home.

And, we always leave our leftover washing tablets, dishwasher tablets, washing up liqid etc, as we have always found supplies on our arrival.

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
    Thought this would be the general opinion but it is interesting to see it is mostly owners who say they would not mind. Presuming guests feel the same???
    [/quote]I too used to be a guest before becoming a villa owner and we've always stripped beds (we even do this in the hotels we used to stay in before we found villas!), washed and dried towels, etc as a matter of courtesy to the owners. And, like in hotels, we always left a tip for the maid too for making the place look so nice when we arrived and cleaning up the rest of the place after we've left.
    blott

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    We're the same as Blottie. It's hardly a big hassle to do and we felt it was the least we could do to help out given the owner had let us stay in their beautiful villa.

We've had a lot of guests in our villas (we always end up fully booked) and we explain about putting the sheets / towels on and not one has said anything other than it's the least they can do.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
    [/quote]I too used to be a guest before becoming a villa owner and we've always stripped beds (we even do this in the hotels we used to stay in before we found villas!), washed and dried towels, etc as a matter of courtesy to the owners. And, like in hotels, we always left a tip for the maid too for making the place look so nice when we arrived and cleaning up the rest of the place after we've left.
    [/quote]

Gold 5 Star Member
    oops hope I ticked the right box then
    Chrisj

Florida Junior
    I'm a guest not an owner and don't have a problem with it at all.

We went a couple of years ago and only used 2 of the 4 bedroom so we left the beds untouched and didn't bother doing those as it seems like a waste of water etc. You could tell they hadn't been touched though. Immaculate as the day we arrived.