Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Year's Eve

CDV

WE are flying our on the 28th so maybe we will catch you for a drinkie or two before you go home[msnwink]
    Jan and Lee

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by cjboatman

I would love to be on Florida over the holiday period.

I have heard that Church St. Station in Downtown Orlando throws a good party.

Or you could of course stay in the parks. Epcot would be our choice.

Hope you have a great time.
    [/quote]

Keep up CJBoatman .... Church St Station has been closed down for a couple of years now !!!!

We have honeymooners gooing over this CHristmas and New Year.
    They are asking if therre is anything special that goes on at Disney for this e.g. Epcot?
    Ian Dee
    the older I get, the better I was

http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida...ental-818.aspx

Quite honestly New Year is not a really big thing in the US so don't really expect anything much other than at Disney. We went two years ago and had a meal in Celebration at the Italian, but they were closing at 10.30pm - to let the staff home - so we just went home and enjoyed ourselves with some of our neighbours.
    Our favourite place for New Year is Austria, the hotel we regularly go to in Igls has a wonderful party, unfortunately we will be back in Florida this year so will miss out on that.

Andrena

Celebration is a great place for New Years every other year. Last year they did not have New Years bash but on the years when they do, it is very good.
    Angela

Gold 5 Star Member
    We've been to Celebration and had a fantastic New Years Eve (and best of all itwas warm enough to be in T shirts at midnight), the fireworks ere amazing and it was all free.. Family went when they didnt have the fireworks etc and were disappointed as there wasn't too much atmosphere.
    Babblin Boo

Ok, lets put the parks to the side for a moment and look at what else we have done on our New Years Eve celebration or as the call it in Norfolk ' Old years night'.
    One of the best we had was back in 2005 at a bar on the 27 that is now a games / lottery establishment. Some of the owners or visitors from a fews years ago would remember it as Randy's. By day a diner and at night a local bar. Good home cooking and a cold draft at night, heaven.
    Myself, Pamela, son Matthew, my mother Morrie and her friend Si...... so ages from 25 thro 80. Entertain that lot.!

We paid $25 each for unlimited beer and wine and buffet food or $35 for the same but with additional spirits.[clap]
    Got in at 8.30 and the place was packed. Great crowd in from Southampton. Many locals. Hats hooters streamers and atmosphere in abundance.
    There was this coloured guy on keyboards so I thought , yeah should have a great a bit of soul... NO....., it turned out more like country with a reggae beat.
    Don't cry ......He was brill and everyone joined in to make one of the best NYEs ever.
    Non stop fun, drinking , eating, laughter and dancing. Jimmy Buffett meets Bob Marley, Desmond Dekker Vs Dolly 'Parton......Oh What a night !

2009 and we planned and ended up at Disneys BoardWalk, Jellyrolls. If you don't know of it Jellyrolls is a duelling piano ba
    r/theatre. Two guys play every request and the night just goes from good to great.I can only describe it as a
    karaoke party with live music.
    Boarwalk was buzzing as you don't have to pay. ESPN bar and the restaurants were heaving, A great outdoor disco on the Hotel lawn leading down to the boardwalk and street artists a plenty entertaing the crowds. Pamela, myself and our Scottish friend George Drummond (another High Grove owner) were out on the town.... entertain us !! (Pamela only goes out with Georges)
    We took rolls of $$$ notes and our friend from North of the Boarder fetched his purse , full of those Scottish fivers that are only accepted on Monopoly, I think it was a hint that I was paying ...(Only joking to anyone climbing over Hadrians wall and making their way down to Norwich to find me !!!!

21.00hrs and we were into the first songs, pitchers of beer and mega cocktails......23.55hrs and the club emptied out onto the boardwalk to see the New Year in with the EPCOT fireworks (Epcot backs on to BoardWalk). Crossed arms , held hand (should have used the restroom earlier) and sang in the new year.
    Back into Jellyrolls til 2 am and then to the lawn for the last hour of the disco as everyone exited back through the hotel arch.
    Picked up a rather sozzled Pamela up of the grass and then had to peel her off of a street lamp post as she joined in singing her rendition with Kool and the Gangs 'Celebration'
    Great Great Great.

So there you have 2 different celebrations. It does depend on kids or no kids etc. etc.
    All I can say is look around ask locals and plan.
    Olde Town, Celebration, The Parks or a local watering hole.... they all offer something for us all to enjoy and remember.
    [beer]
    George
    Last edited by canarypam; 30-09-2012 at 15:14. Reason: spelling

Pam,

Can you let George Drummond know that the Crawford's will be out for Christmas and New Year and if he is around to call on us? I have lost his contact details. Ask him to email me.
    Have decided not come down over the Border to look for you, but if you are in Florida then call round and we will "sort you out".

Andrena

Hi Andrena I will let him know but he is out there at the moment until November so he won't be over for Christmas and New Year I'm afraid. I will ask him to email you though when we speak.
    We may be out for New Year ourselves not sure yet but I will tell George (Powell not Drummond) that you are after him ! He wrote the message I wouldn't dream of being so rude to our Scottish friend LOL!

Pamela

I am sure Celebration would be a good place to go, not sure if the ice-skating and the snow still falls up to New Years Eve but you can always check on their website.
    Val