Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Frances

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead

Hurricane Frances

Hi

Does anyone know anything about another big storm on its way to Florida, I'm trying to contact business over there and some say they are c;losing early due to the storm warnings.
    Christine

Frances is on its way but days away and will probably only skirt the Atlantic coast.
    Lynne

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by christhear
    Hi

Does anyone know anything about another big storm on its way to Florida, I'm trying to contact business over there and some say they are c;losing early due to the storm warnings.
    [/quote]

I have a friend in Sarasota and she emailed me to say its 5-6 days away but possibly on the same track as Charley.

Lucy

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    I have been listening to Orlando radio all day and there is no mention of business closing early at all. They are monitoring Frances but this is still way down in the Caribbean so could amount to nothing and indeed could go any direction at this stage.

go to..............

http://www.baynews9.com/WeatherMaps.html?HURRICANE

you will see the path of hurricane Frances.

Lucy

It's nowhere near the same track as Charley and based on the latest 5 day forcast on the official websites will not make landfall in Florida at all. See the following link for more details:

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/grap.../300858.shtml?

Charley went to the west of Key West and then made landfall south of Tampa and tracked through the Orlando area from there.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by lal
    I have a friend in Sarasota and she emailed me to say its 5-6 days away but possibly on the same track as Charley.

Lucy
    [/quote]

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    Thanks for thoses answers. I think it's because I am trying to arrange insurance for my villa which is due to complete on Friday, something about they won't do any new business if the hurrucane gets to near.
    Christine

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
    It's nowhere near the same track as Charley and based on the latest 5 day forcast on the official websites will not make landfall in Florida at all. See the following link for more details:

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/grap.../300858.shtml?

Lucy
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

I was just repeating what she had told me, I have not checked it out yet myself, but she said they were preparing for another storm like Charley.

Lucy

I don't think they are even doing that as it's not likely to pass over land in Florida. Orlando radio was just warning people to keep up to date on the progress of the new storm today and nothing more.

Obviously we do not want people to start panicking. It's very easy to talk up hurricane's after one has just passed through an area (i'm not saying you are doing this, just making a general point) but the fact of the matter is that any one area is only likely to suffer bad hurricane damage once every 100 years on average (or that's what they said on the radio more than once anyway).

Florida is a tropical region and has an active hurricane season just like any other tropical region. This happens year in year out and is a fact of life for Floridians and owners in Florida.

she said they were preparing for another storm like Charley.

Lucy
    [/quote]

Florida Savvy
    This storm is a powerful category 3 and bears careful watching. While it is not on the same track as Charley, it does pose a threat to Florida's east coast.

By 1400 Friday afternoon, it will be in the north central Bahamas and we will have a better idea of where it will make landfall. There is a definite risk to Florida's east coast from approximately Vero Beach northward.

If you are planning to travel to Florida on holiday later this week, you must get weather updates. Even if the storm were to veer from a direct strike on the coast, it will seriously affect weather and tides along the coast and inland for a ways.