Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holiday Insurance for those with Health Problems

Gold 5 Star Member
    These insurance bods are sometimes hard to understand. My inlaws are both 70+ and have arthritis and, in my father-in-law's case, high blood pressure. I did not get a good deal for Travel Insurance for them from most companies but American Express, who are usually expensive, offered to cover BOTH of them for a whole year for £202, with a max cover of £5 million EACH and max permitted stay of 3 months in any one place. I thought this was a good deal.
    Nostromo

Gold 5 Star Member
    It might look like a good deal but I think you'll find that Kingfisher are much cheaper (around £150, depending on their exact age) for the same amount of annual worldwide cover.
    blott

Gold 5 Star Member
    quote:Originally posted by blott

It might look like a good deal but I think you'll find that Kingfisher are much cheaper (around £150, depending on their exact age) for the same amount of annual worldwide cover.
    No, they are not Blott. My father in law is 82 and on 3 medications. I beliove this makes a difference. Kingfisher quoted us £236.
    Nostromo

Florida Expert
    quote:Originally posted by blott

That's expensive!

If anyone needs travel insurance info for 80+ year olds, let me know as we managed to get an annual policy for Mum for less than £80...

Blott
    Hi Blott

Did you get the travel insurance for your Mum through Kingfisher?

Thanks

Shirley
    Shirley

http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1428.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    No, Mum's insured with Nationwide as (I thought from their website and talking to them) that Kingfisher didn't insure over 75s.
    blott

Florida Expert
    Hi Blott

Thanks for the info about Nationwide, I will remember that for my Mum who is in her 80's.

Shirley
    Shirley

http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1428.aspx

Florida Chatterbox
    we got cover for my mother in law from direct insurance which given health problems we thought was good especially comparedwith age concen who were horendously dear

Florida Newbie
    we used these http://www.insureandgo.com/ for our trip over christmas and paid £64.11 for two of us .. even though i have a mild lung condition.. just a phone call to make sure it was ok. they were very helpful and it was sorted within 10 mins.

Florida Chatterbox
    My thanks to Blott for the link to Kingfisher Travel Insurance. .

http://www.kingfisherinsurance.com/

For several years now, my husband and I have been paying well over the odds for travel insurance because I have Crohns' Disease (with some complications folowing surgeries) and I have several tests and hospital appointments each year, despite the fact that I have never needed to make a claim.

Kingfisher have just insured Hubbie and I for £72.00 and all I had to do was get a letter from my GP giving exact details of my condition and his happiness for me to travel, saving me at least £100 in the process.

Thanks, Blott. You're a Star!![msncool]
    Angua

Gold 5 Star Member
    Hey, a result! Glad it worked out for you Gillian-B and Sarah... [msncool]
    blott