Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Better Than Disney Waterparks?

Gold 5 Star Member

Better Than Disney Waterparks?

I have never been to Wet& Wild, is it more modestly priced than the big Disney water parks? It always looks a bit like it was erected in the car park Is it worth a visit?

Some of the skides are really good although my sons [bad language filtered out]py £5.00 trainers got nicked while we were there last year

Gold 5 Star Member
    The rides are good, but W'n'W as a whole is a bit on the tacky side compared with the tasteful landscaping of the Disney Waterparks. We have been to Wet'n'Wild twice and will not go again. But we'll go both Disney Water parks on every visit.
    Nostromo

Florida Newbie
    We did Wet and Wild and Blizzard Beach in August. We preferred WW because it was quieter and had more multi person rides. We found the way the sunbeds were laid out in BB very claustrophobic, (much too close to each other in long lines, you could only get on and off your bed by sliding up or down from the bottom/top as there was no room in between each bed to stand.) However I do agree that the landscaping at the Disney waterparks is much better than WW,but we enjoyed the slides more at WW.
    Lesley

Definitely Wet and Wild, took boys 7,9 and 11 absolutely loved it. Went to Typhoon Laggon, much more crowded and you cannot escape "little ones" crying. Beds too close together, not many rides and too spread out.

Wet and Wild each time

Michele

Gold 5 Star Member
    We havent done the other Water parks, but we loved Wet n Wild. The kids went off and had
    fun and I found somewhere to sit and have a read. Its a small park but the rides are really
    good.
    Chrisj

Florida Expert
    We have not been for years. We always commented on the lack of shade at Wet and Wildand yes the Disney variety are all most attractive(naturally)

Gold 5 Star Member
    We have done both this year and i have to say that if you have young children then go to disney. The rides are more suited to younger kids however wet and wild does offer some water slides etc. As for entertainment i will be going back to Wet n wild again. We had a great ride and the longest we had to wait was 10 mins. We went on a Saturday and it was busy but not as busy as the Disney park on a Friday. As for it been tacky do not agree with that comment. It was clean,well laid out and the staff were friendly.Give it a go when your next over there.
    Neil & Cathy

http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1401.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    Will have to give it a go then Neil and Cathy, haven't managed to get there yet but am sure my sons would enjoy it.[msnsmile2]
    Sarah

We just love Wet n Wild but then again we are a little older now.[msncool]
    Dave [msnsmile2]