Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Balloon Rides

Gold 5 Star Member

Balloon Rides

Just been talking to a guest who had a balloon ride yesterday.
    She thought it was awesome!
    Don't know if this is the one she went on-but there is some info here

http://www.orlandotouristinformation...alloonride.htm

She did say it was $165 each-so it might have been.

Unfortunately they did not get to fly over Disney-as the wind was blowing them in the oppsoite direction. It took place at 6am -and she said it was worth getting up early for.!

Orlandobabe
    Orlandobabe

Gold 5 Star Member
    Keith Prowse does one with a champagne breakfast for £124 and £67 per child. They seem to go over my house on highway 27 quite frequently. I did one in Egypt and you have no control at all over where you go so whether you end up over Disney or WalMarts car park is a matter of total luck. The other thing is the length of the ride. I was in one of two balloons which went up together. Ours caught the thermals and we got height and were up for 40 minutes which makes it just about worth the cost. The other balloon did not and was down after 15 mins. Even with the champagne, I would have been miffed at paying £100 plus each for 15 minutes.

Julie Carty

Gold 5 Star Member
    When my hubby did one over York for his 40th-had a choice of after sunrise or before sunset flight-but it would appear from that article that you can only have a morning flight. They don't seem to do them in the evening.
    If it is too windy or really bad weather they don't go at all, which is why it took my hubby a year to get his flight.
    I paid £100 8 years ago-so $165 isn't bad with your breakfast too!

Orlandobabe

Florida Newbie
    The hot air balloon ride offered by http://www.orlandotouristinformation...alloonride.htm
    also allows kids under 9 to fly free with each each paying adult.
    The rate is $165 and wind direction does determine where you
    wind up but it is awesome and sunrise is majestic time.

A guest of ours who goes out on Saturday is doing her ride with http://www.orangeblossomballoons.com/ . Start time of 6am as well.
    Kerry

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    I know a couple of balloon pilots in the UK and they tell me it is the most frustrating but rewarding sport. The reason being is that you need near perfect conditions for flying and even a moderate wind will stop you being able to fly.

I ould imagine an early monring in Florida would be just perfect for it! Something I'l like to do myself (along with microslighting and hang-gliding)

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi

We flew with Orange Blossom Balloons back in 92' on our honeymoon.
    It was fantastic, I was a little unsure thinking I would feel not too safe but it's just like floating and you don't really feel cold or anything other than awe at what you are doing. We flew over Disney and it was GREAT, we flew down to the surface of a lake and almost touched it before rising up again.
    In fact only this morning we were talking about another flight this time with our girls and having looked at the fact it's free for them up to being 9 I think we may just do it sooner rather than later!! (I'm not really a cheapskate!!)
    I would recommend it to anyone, it's great fun helping put the balloon up and the champers after is very nice!! The only thing I wasn't too keen on was jumping out first with another women to hold the balloon down whilst it came to a complete stop., Um.... wonder why the fellars got to stay in and we had to work? It was because they needed the weight in the balloon to help it get down!!!!
    Jen
    http://www.villasflorida.com/Villas/356.aspx

Florida Expert
    When we were there at Christmas/New Year 3 balloons landed on our development, yes right by our house.....and we have the pictures to prove it.... There is a guy on our development who runs this kind of operation. Not sure what there name is. But thought it was a good way to get your balloons back home without have to get the baskets onto the back of a truck.

Gold 5 Star Member
    I booked my hubby a balloon ride for his 40th-many moons ago-over here in the UK.

It took 3 attempts before he managed his flight. As he could only go weekends in the late afternoon and they get so many cancellations because of bad weather like John said- it was a full year before he got his trip up. I think he'd just about given up hope. I'm sure the conditions in Florida are a lot better and the sights and colours much more breathtaking than over York
    Orlandobabe

Florida Savvy
    I got married in one, 10 years ago. The ceremony took place in the partially inflated balloon canopy, the photos are so colourful, something really different.

We then had our flight, which took us over Disney.

The landing was a little hairy, as it was almost in someone's swimming pool. They always tell you to stay exactly where you are when you land ( which was with the basket on its side )until they have secured the balloon, however I was on top, face to face with a male friend - not my husband. An interesting start to married life!

Donna

Donna

http://www.villasflorida.com/villas/514.aspx