Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: New York Firefighters

denisemahy

New York Firefighters

We all watched the programe this week on the New York firefighters on 9/11. So brave - all of them. My son (aged 15) was strangely silent afterwards and my daughter (aged 18) had tears running down her face. She said for her the saddest thing was seeing the photographs of all the fireman who had lost their lives at the end of the programme. I know what she meant. I made sure I told them both I loved them before they went to bed that night.
    All those who lost their lives, those who lost a loved one and everyone affected by that dreadful day are in my thoughts.
    Denise

Hi Denise,
    I said much the same as you on Top Forums.When they say that 2,800 peole died it is shooking enough, but seeing the photo's of those firemen made it much more real some how. And how traumatic it must be for the fireman who survived. It must have been some kind of miricle that all the firemen of the fire department filmed survived!
    My cousins husband died recently and I said to her the first year is the hardest, so hopefully now the first annivesary is over the families of those affected can begin to piece their lives together.
    We will be thinking of them

Karen

Florida Chatterbox
    I recently saw an interview with one of the NYFD, his house lost many many men. Obviously it was devastating but on the day, but he said, nobody really knew what was actually happening, we indeed knew more watching it on the TV. What I didn't appreciate is that many "chiefs" were lost in the fall of the towers and so the men left didn't know what to do next as there was nobody to direct them -they just didn't know what to do for the best and felt helpless.

Pray to God, they don't ever have to go through anything like that again.

Florida Expert
    I have 2 uncles who are firemen in Chicago and my cousin is a hostess for United Airlines. They are all 3 suffering over this tragic event as they can imagine what the families are going thru who lost their lives. Every time i watch those documentation on 9/11 i cant stop crying. For me it is unbelievable still..I hope all these families can now go on with their lives I pray for them and they will always be on my mind...

patti pacienza