Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Fastpass - Wonderful if used correctly

Florida Chatterbox

Fastpass - Wonderful if used correctly

You will find Fastpass options at a lot of major rides at all parks. You have to make sure you look at what times for return are available as you can only have one at a time - for instance I wanted to do the Buzz Lightyear ride and didn't look at the time for return and it was some 7 hours ahead - I therefore tied up my ticket for that time. The one downside is that the normal queues are therefore much larger than normal as you have to allow for fastpasses to go in as well as the people in front of you.

If anyone has got Fastpassing down to a fine art, I'd love some hints.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Jane
    A trick we've found is that sometimes there are cast members issuing the fastpasses, if there are, go and get them to issue yours (they use a master ticket and it doesn't register against yours so you can go and get a 2nd.
    Another tip is to pick which ride you really want to go on and then either go straight to that when you enter the park or get a fastpass if the queue is too long. If you go first thing in the morning you usually find the passes aren't for very much later.

steph

Gold 5 Star Member
    You won't tie up your FastPass for 7 hours if you use it for a ride that is booked that far ahead. One of the most poorly explained aspects of the FastPass is that it can be used again 2 hours after the previous use, even if the other "appointment" is yet to come.

Florida Expert
    I think Fastpass is brilliant and we used it all the time, whenever we could. If there's an hour or so to wait for the fp ticket to come valid we quite often get a fasspass then wait in line in the standby queue anyway. By the time we get through we can head straight back throught the FP line.

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    We've never used Fastpass as we only went to the parks for the first time in years last November/December and the rides had no queues anyway so you could walk straight on.

Buzz Lightyear three times in a row - our 3 year old would have kept on this ride all afternoon if we'd let him .

Could someone explain how the system works?

John & Sarah

Gold 5 Star Member
    Only 3 times our 14 year old made us do it 5 times in a row.
    The Fastpass system works as follows
    If there is a long queue for the ride, above the attractions that operate the Fastpass system (they're all marked on your map) it will say a time. If you go to the ticket machine located near the ride and enter your entrance ticket it gives you a ticket for a timed ride. Usually a 1-2 hour slot and any time within that slot you go back to the ride and join the fastpass queue with your pass.
    Saves a lot of time queuing and we've found it especially useful to get one around lunchtim then go and get something to eat (depending on what ride you're going on of course) and makes it easier to plan your day.

steph