Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oh No!

Florida Expert
    Hi Daniel,
    We travel with my mother - in - law each time. She's 75 and fitter than both of us!
    We don't have any bother with her (apart from the odd times she tried to smuggle a Christmas Pudding into US and almost lost her shoes in Orlando MCO security!!)
    If she gets too much we just drop her off at any Walmart or Target and that keeps her amused for at least 3 or 4 hours
    Kevin

Florida Chatterbox
    rent another villa[msnwink]

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi Daniel.

First of all, how big is your new villa?

Without a shadow of doubt you should definitely get 2 or even 3 cars. Nothing worse than being stuck with them all of the time! (I'm talking from experience..)

Practically every evening out at a restaurant I had to spend with my in-laws. Oh, to just be with my husband for just one evening - but no, it never happened... It nearly did but then they walked into the restaurant just as we got served and they spent the rest of the night with us. [V]

I sincerely wish you the best of luck.

PS: It doesn't matter if it is YOUR new house. Your mother-in-law will take over the kitchen - THEY ALWAYS DO!

Gold 5 Star Member
    I have never been able to figure out WHICH mother-in-law is the more feared figure in Western societies, the husband's mother or the wife's? I am only asking cos I really don't know and my own mother-in-law is a wonderful lady. I don't mean to ruffle any feathers![msnscared][msnscared]
    Nostromo

Gold 5 Star Member
    I get on really well with my MIL and love it when she comes with us. However the FIL, my parents and the brothers are totally different. My brother keeps trying to come with us but Wayne says if he will stay at home if that happens[msnscared]I usually delay giving them the dates until all the flights are booked but we are going to come unstuck one day I know it[msncry]
    Ruth

Florida Junior
    Daniel!

Look on the bright side!

I always take my mother in law away with us[?]

It saves having to kiss her good bye at the airport.[}]

Jeff

Florida Savvy
    This was my first visit to Florida this year(not my last!) and we asked my wifes sister and family to join us. We live in Scotland they live in Canada. My MIL who lives in Scotland, said at the outset to get two villas, even though the sisters wanted one big one! Nice girls the two of them,my wife and her sister, but they dont live well together for long periods of time [B)] oops sorry honey!
    Anyway, we have two kids...they have FIVE!! so all 12 in one villa was NEVER going to happen! With help from John and Sarah we were able to get them a villa 2 doors down from us, bliss! That way, you are there when you want to be but you also have the privacy factor which is invaluable!
    Saying that, I broke my hand four days before we left [msncry] so they offered to drive us around for the first week, total godsend so they were![msnsmile2]

Don.

Florida Expert
    Daniel .... What's the matter with you laddie, you're crying before you've been smacked
    MIL will probably make all the cups of tea for everyone and she will go around the villa tidying up and lovingly wipe the sink over ( every five minutes), all you have to do ( if she drives you potty) is get bladdered every night.

Karen

www.orlandovillas.com/Villas/209.aspx
    www.orlandovillas.com/Villas/400.aspx

A view from the other side; My images insist we go with them on 1 of their away trips. We have a great time, and provide a free baby sitting service too. The only thing is we get told off for getting too late on our night out.[msnsmile2]
    Dave [msnsmile2]

Florida Chatterbox
    HOPE YOUR RELATIVES DONT FIND OUT WHAT YOU ARE SAYING!!!
    tracey