Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DownTown Disney

DownTown Disney

If you visit this area have a look at the Christmas Shop, its Christmas every day of the year !! and you can pick up some super decorations for your tree at home to remind you of your visit to see Mickey !

Carole

Carole & Keith

http://www.orlandovillas.com/villaview.asp?villa=69
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/villaview.asp?villa=661
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/villaview.asp?villa=228

Administrator
    We went in December 1999 and assumed it was there especially for Christmas - didn't realise it was open all year!

---------------
    Roger

Florida Newbie
    I've been collecting from there for 15 years, and the tree is now groaning, but lots of memories attached to them. My little boy LOVES to tell the stories behind some of them, to bored guests !!

Gold 5 Star Member
    Downtown Disney and Marketplace is a really good place to visit at night. Situated aroumd the lagoon are the some really good eating houses such as the House of Blues, Planet Hollywood and the Rainforest Cafe where I have to go to get my fix of Gorillas in the Mist cheesecake now the one in the Trafford Centre in Manchester has closed down for some inexplicable reason. There is a MacDonalds too for those on a lower budget. I love the Lego models, Nessie in the water and all that and all the kitschy Disney stores. The kids love jumping in the fountains and hubbie likes the cult memorabilia stores. There is a huge Virgin and AMC cinema too. What else could you want?

Julie Carty

Gold 5 Star Member
    You forgot Ghirardellis Julie, the ice-cream parlour, we've only actually been in there a couple of times as the queue is usually so long, which tells you how good it is. Perhaps they should make it a fastpass attraction.

steph

I love Downtown Disney. The atmosphere is great, but make sur to visit both day and night to see the different sides!!! I especially love it at night, everything looks so pretty, we had a meal at Rainforest cafe once, and sat outside which was great, as at 9pm we had free viewing of IllumiNations at Epcot! Cant be bad!!!

Downtown is great at different times of the year. At christmas there are carol singers and bands and a wonderful atmosphere. In the summer they are open until 12 or 1 am and it's great sitting there people watching eating an ice cream.

Guest services are very helpful and a good place to visit to book any meals in any of the parks - they'll find out what characters will be where. Also good place to book your Mickeys Very Merry christmas party and Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween tickets.

Don't forget the fabulous food at the Italian restuarant (I'll look the name up and add it later) as well as Captain Jacks and Fulton's Crabhouse. Enormous portions but very good food - not cheap though, but what is at Disney?

Fiona

Florida Expert
    I dont know if it was a 'special' or a general offer but when we went to the cinema at Downtown Disney ($4 per person afternoon prices from 4pm to 6pm, reclining seats etc) we then showed our tickets at the Planet Hollywood restaurant, skipped the whole queue and so went straight in and got 20% off the whole bill!

Chris

I think the name of the Italian restaurant is the Portabello Yacht Club - we've eaten there several times and it's fantastic - not cheap but really good food

Caroline

Florida Junior
    I am really surprised that no one has mentioned Disney Quest.....We spent 8 hours the first day and our boys went back another day and spent 6 more hours there. It was great fun. Most everything is virtual reality. The Cheesecake Factory there, fun and good food what more do you need? Bonnie