PDA

View Full Version : What to you do on a Rest Day

Nostromo
04-08-2004, 14:34
Since a lot of us go on long (2weeks or more) visits to Orlando, I am probably right in thinking that the rest of you allow rest days like we do. But what would be your ideal (in)activity on a rest day?

kaysvacationvilla
04-08-2004, 15:06
We are never there long enough for rest days, as we are only usually there a week at a time, but I would go for the pool and hot tub choice.

tezz7628
04-08-2004, 15:21
this is dangerously close to a poll i was thinking of "what non holiday activity would you do on holiday if you get the time " :)

i've been to the library, had walks in the woods, etc.....................

jolliffee
04-08-2004, 15:36
I have to say that the shops are just there & I need to visit them but then its next to the pool with a G&T (or two).

dbrook
04-08-2004, 15:47
As I could only make one vote I have voted for the swim and hot tub, but would actually do both and spend half a day round the pool relaxing and then go out and do a spot of shopping in the afternoon:D

blott
04-08-2004, 16:13
Don't know if I can remember ever having a rest day so voted accordingly but, if ever that happy day should arrive, I'd be chilling out in the pool and jacuzzi.

Liam_Sandie
04-08-2004, 16:17
We find the rest days are few and far between!!! Although nothing quite beats having breakfast by the pool and then spending the day swimming and the occasional (one or two!![msnwink]) nice cold drink in the sun....[8D][8D]

Sandie

Andy & Arlene
04-08-2004, 18:58
You could always go to the water parks on a rest day and do some serious sunbathing as well as enjoying the activities there.

zerotone
05-08-2004, 13:41
A rest day for me would be shopping (without the hubby and children moaning at me) followed by an afternoon/evening by the pool resting those aching feet and a glass of wine whilst relaxing in the spa. Ah bliss[msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

traceya89
11-08-2004, 02:33
rest day would consist of tea and toast in the morning and then lazing around the pool until lunch time, then off for some shopping and a quick snack. then back to the pool until 6.00 ish then for a meal and then back to do some more shops.

CarolAnn
11-08-2004, 18:27
I only manage half a REST DAY so to speak:):D[8D]Too much waiting for me in Florida!! Never feel more relaxed than when I am there, whatever I am doing[msnwink][msnsmile2][msnsmile]

chrizzy100
11-08-2004, 18:51
we've never had rest days before this trip......I'm not sure I like them......I'm so used to being on the go all holiday......to many road trips maybe.....we watched a few films.....and had long lazy lunches.......I played in the garden...mostly killing off fire ants....hubby would sleep....something he never does while away.....

CarolAnn
13-08-2004, 00:20
Daft question Chrizzy...but are fire ants nasty or a nuisance[?]
In the past we have spent most of our time on Disney property, think we may have been shielded from every bug known to the area[?] Thinking our villa experiences may be different[?][msntongue]

Nostromo
13-08-2004, 10:45
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CarolAnn
Daft question Chrizzy...but are fire ants nasty or a nuisance[?]
[/quote]

Yes, they can be. There were a few about in April/May and so, I guess they'll be having a ball in mid-summer! We did not notice them at first, but my niece went out barefoot onto the lawn one morning and got bitten. We also noticed some ants swarming over some spilt sugar inside the villa, but I am not sure if they were the same variety.

Pluto
06-09-2004, 01:51
Its just got to be the pool and hot tub - and a few drinks:D:D:D

chrisj
06-09-2004, 02:27
We tended to laze around the pool for a few hours and then pop out for a bit of shopping and
then back to the Vila for some grub and then a long walk around the community

Finished off with some long drinks by the pool

KirstieLou
07-09-2004, 17:13
A nice swim during the morning then after lunch, pop out to do some shopping.

Ahhhhhhhhh Paradise!;)