PDA

View Full Version : Drive or take the coach?

Elaine62
02-08-2004, 02:13
We've never used a car before in Florida, this will be our first time. I know there is a free coach to Busch G from Seaworld, has anyone ever used it? Do you know what times it leaves and returns at? It is just that it might seem an okay drive on the way down but after a full day in a park I'm not sure if we're up to a long drive home, especially if it is dark.

The other option is to perhaps stay there overnight and drive home in the early evening the following day. If this was our choice can anyone recommend somewhere good for an overnight stay that is close to the park and not too expensive?

Elaine

Nostromo
02-08-2004, 10:57
By the tone of your letter, I assume that you plan to hire a car for the first time on the forthcoming visit, but are not sure whether to drive to BG or not. My suggestion is that if you have a car, use it.

With very few exceptions, driving in the USA is easier and less tiring than in the UK for equivalent distances. The drive towards Tampa for BG is mostly along Westbound Interstate-4 and quite straightforward. Depending on where you are staying in Orlando, you should be able to do it in 60 to 90 minutes each way. On the I-4, night driving is not a big problem if you have driven at night elsewhere.

Nostromo
02-08-2004, 16:46
If you do decide to stay overnight after visiting Busch, plan to see some of the sights around Tampa the following day. As for Hotels near BG, simply go to their site via Google, choose the Tampa Bay park and click on the 'Plan a Vacation' link at the top right hand corner of the page. You will find a hotels link (and lots of other useful info) on the new window.

Homer
02-08-2004, 21:09
Personally last year although we hired a car and I had no worries driving I still took adantage of the free coach service

And glad I did the journey was good the driver was great and pointed out lot's of good stuff along the way.

They give you a time to be outside for the coach and will wait a few minutes (even though they say they won't)

Choice is yours although I know what I will be doing in 6 weeks and 3 days (not that I am counting at all!!

Mo Guest
29-08-2004, 17:53
Hi there,

I love driving in Florida - it's all so spacious, trouble is I can't get hold of the car keys first - hubby likes to drive there too.

From our villa on Southern Dunes Golf & County Club it's about a 45 minute drive on the I4 to Busch Gardens and it's well worth the drive. The day we went the park was quite quiet and we jumped off and on the roller coaster rides with no wait at all. It was dead easy to find and it's always so much more convenient to be in your own transport than on the bus.[8D]

tuzanne
29-08-2004, 19:13
I would drive. Three reasons really.

1. It is a very direct road, motorway practically the whole way, so very easy to find and get to. Only takes just over 1 hour.

2. You can arrive early and miss the lines on popular rides.

3. You can go when you choose to and not when the coach goes.

Sue

dogwalker
19-02-2005, 17:33
I too would like to try the bus service to Busch Gardens if only to give me a rest from driving and the chance to have a look around.
I have a list of pickup points but does anyone know if you have to book or do you just turn up?

christhear
19-02-2005, 18:18
I worked out that by the time I'd driven to the pick up points I could probably be a third of the way to Busch Gardens and also having Children you never quite know how the day is going to go. My villa is on Highway 27 just off the I4 so it was a very easy drive and we could arrive and depart when we wanted to.

Ray&Sarah
19-02-2005, 20:23
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by christhear
I worked out that by the time I'd driven to the pick up points I could probably be a third of the way to Busch Gardens and also having Children you never quite know how the day is going to go. My villa is on Highway 27 just off the I4 so it was a very easy drive and we could arrive and depart when we wanted to.
[/quote]

Agreed Chris, also we usually pop over to Clearwater after a day at BG and try and catch the sunset there.[msnsmile2]

pieman790
22-02-2005, 15:46
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by tuzanne
I would drive. Three reasons really.

1. It is a very direct road, motorway practically the whole way, so very easy to find and get to. Only takes just over 1 hour.

2. You can arrive early and miss the lines on popular rides.

3. You can go when you choose to and not when the coach goes.

Sue
[/quote]

We drove last October and the main route into BG was closed. We had to do a detour through a neigbourhood which didnt look too good.You would not want to stop there and have a meal if you see what i mean.
Agree the car is normally the better option as you can leave when you want to rather than have to wait for the bus and we like to arrive early and leave early to miss the rush hour in Tampa.