PDA

View Full Version : anyone used the fort myers-key west ferry??

Shell
02-08-2004, 00:18
Hello,
Has anyone used the Fort Myers to Key west ferry?? we are interested in visiting Key West and thought this was a much better option then driving. If anyone has any help or advice such as which ferry service is best to use etc I would appreciate it.
Thank-you
Michelle

Cruella DeVilla
02-08-2004, 13:32
It is a better option that driving. We met someone in Key West last time we were there who had used it to come down and they said it was good. We are planning to visit the Keys again at Christmas and will do it via the Ferry.

foxfirelane
02-08-2004, 15:43
You can also fly from Fort Myers direct, i think with Continental, in an hour.

I think the boat takes at least 3hrs, longer if the weather happens to be bad.

imported_n/a
02-08-2004, 18:02
The drive is quite an experience though the first time you do it. You can have great fun counting the bridges - saddo I know, but it is tedious on the way back.

lisi
17-08-2004, 12:13
I asked about the boat trip on this site a while back - everyone who replied said it was a great way to visit the Keys - lots of dolphins and I think it is about a 3 hour trip. We are visiting in October and intend to take a boat ride - if you are going before then do let me know how you get on

Lisi

lisi
17-08-2004, 12:20
Shell - I have just read some more posts and Andrew Mackay has suggested the following link re the boat to key west - will hvae a look when I get more time

www.keywestshuttle.com

Lisi

Kim_fla
12-10-2005, 20:28
Its a nice alternative to driving, but be forewarned, they are not the most organized in ticketing. We recently planned a trip wtih 75 people. 3 days before we were suppose to leave we were informed that our tickes had been sold to someone else. We were basically stranded with hotel reservations but no transportation to Key West. The ferry person was very rude and confrontational. I will not use them again.

andrewmckay5
12-10-2005, 20:35
We have had several guests use http://www.keywestshuttle.com/ and all have enjoyed it tremendously and and recommended it.
Sorry to hear what happened Kim but hopefully this was a one off and as i say our guests have never had any problems over the lastyear and a half.
andrew

Clare R
14-10-2005, 17:40
I have done the Naples to Key West trip, this is a shorter route than from Fort Myers.

Clare