PDA

View Full Version : Visa Lawyers.

Tyreabusa
31-07-2004, 21:12
I'd be most grateful to hear of any recommendations regarding the choice of Lawyer in the UK to deal with my visa application. I have been told that Leslie Sillitoe is number one, but has anyone any other experiences ( good or bad ).

Thanks,

Nick

Ray9
31-07-2004, 21:17
LESLEY A. SILLITTO Is not a lawyer ..but a very competent Visa Consultant..
For a highly regarded US immigration lawyer based in London
Gudeon&Hodkinson http://www.usvisalaw.co.uk/index.htm

Tyreabusa
31-07-2004, 22:12
Thanks for that info Ray. Have you used them and was the process speedy ??

Ray9
01-08-2004, 03:00
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Tyreabusa
Thanks for that info Ray. Have you used them and was the process speedy ??[/quote]
Not personally but know a few people that have. and they have been very please, but they are not an El Cheapo business but the good ones never are.
Perhap have a inital interview and see if they give you confidence.
The words speedy is an unknown word to the State Dept. USCIS or anyone else relating to visas or immigration. The London Embassy is one of the best though

esprit
01-08-2004, 07:49
You dont need to use a visa attorney. You just need to use someone who knows their way around the paperwork and what the embassy is looking for. For E2, Lesley is as good as it gets though she can be a little overcautious. She is fairly cheap, I think I paid around £2500 plus disbursements. You cannot move any faster than the embassy do. I got mine in 6 weeks, I understand it is now taking three months. They are dione strictly on a first come first served basis. For L1. you would recommend a different consultant. It depends what visa you are going for,

jeffr
01-08-2004, 14:16
I recently contacted Lesley Sillitto and she no longer does 'L' visa's

Jeff

esprit
01-08-2004, 23:56
She never was very keen on doing them.

jeffr
02-08-2004, 01:22
I am now using a US based company to process mine as i had extreme difficulty finding anybody based in the UK who were willing to deal with 'L' visa. I contacted about 6 companies before i found one i was confortable with.

So dont give up and use the first one you come to.

Jeff

Tyreabusa
02-08-2004, 01:43
Thanks for the info from Jeff Ray and Julie. I'll do some investigating and see what happens. Much appreciated,

Nick