PDA

View Full Version : Where would you choose to visit?

Cruella DeVilla
29-07-2004, 14:38
Bit of a mad question on an Orlando forum, but a previous thread made me think. What other cities would you like to visit apart from Orlando/Florida in the US?

Cruella DeVilla
29-07-2004, 14:45
I actualy chose other as I have been to all the places above and more but still would like to visit Chicago and Washington.

Angua
29-07-2004, 15:31
That IS a tricky one, you're really spoilt for choice. A toss-up between "New Yawk" and "N'awlins" but The Big Easy swung it.

(Don't you just love the US nicknames for their Cities? Our City Council is talking about changing our City's Tagline from
"Norwich - a fine city" to..... wait for it.... "Norwich - the other city"!!! Eh?! What idiot thought up that one?

I digress, back to the thread topic, I've always much preferred the East Coast and Southern states to the West coast. With the exception of Vegas, of course. That's a different kettle of fish entirely.

There's another place I'd like to visit though, New England. Always wanted to go there in the "Fall".

ctgirlscout
29-07-2004, 17:51
My vote is for Charleston, SC as far as a city. I've done most of the cities on the list--and was raised in NY--but I actually prefer to visit non-city places when I'm on vacation.

Nostromo
29-07-2004, 18:12
I have been to San Fransisco twice and loved it. It has a unique blend of American and Eurasian culture that is very special.

Cruella DeVilla
29-07-2004, 18:27
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
I have been to San Fransisco twice and loved it. It has a unique blend of American and Eurasian culture that is very special.
[/quote]

Agree it is a great place!

Ray&Sarah
29-07-2004, 20:57
Would have voted for New York, but we are going there next week as part of our summer holiday. Ray & I plan to go to San Francisco to celebrate his 40th next year, so I voted for that. We've been to Los Angeles, not over impressed with that, & Las Vegas has to be seen to be believed. Ray has been to Chicago for work and says it is lovely.[msnsmile2]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
29-07-2004, 21:41
I'd like to choose most of the above. I've been to LA, San Francisco and New York and would love to go back again. I'd love to see Las Vegas and New Orleans and have no major feeling one way or the other about Memphis and San Diego.

Cruella DeVilla
29-07-2004, 22:10
Memphis is great, especially if you are an Elvis fan! San Diego is great to, really warm and a bit more American than Florida...does that make sense...no, em not so many tourists is what I think I mean. We thought about buying there.

athurstance
29-07-2004, 22:33
I chose New York - never been there but keep meaning to go. We toured California years ago - loved San Franscisco - didn't think much of LA or San Diego really. Boston is great too.

Loads of US cities I would like to visit - Washington, Seattle, New Orleans probably top of the list.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
29-07-2004, 22:33
My parents went to both of these and really liked them. Elvis was a bit before my time so I could take or leave Memphis.

New Orleans would be the one I'd most want to go to although I do not think it's the kind of place you would take children so it may well be a few years before we get there [msnsad]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
Memphis is great, especially if you are an Elvis fan! San Diego is great to, really warm and a bit more American than Florida...does that make sense...no, em not so many tourists is what I think I mean. We thought about buying there.
[/quote]

Cruella DeVilla
30-07-2004, 12:52
Hey John, think we are the same age, I love Elvis!!

You are right about New Orleans. OMG[:0]Sin City or what...but fab. That was where they told me to fasten the back of my bikini when I was tanning my back! Next door to the really nice hotel on Bourboun Street where we were stating, well, cant't say what was there here being family orientated but a real eye opener and not just run of the mill naughty stuff either[:I].

Angela,
I did not like LA much either, a bit rough in general but got to be done once. Boston we sat in the airport in the days where you had to fly to Orlando and stop at Boston.

Epic
30-07-2004, 15:49
I had to pick Los angeles as my partner and i are desperate to go and visit six flags and knotts/soak city,although obviously i wouldnt turn down a trip to any other city/state.Hopefully get to visit a few in the next few yrs[msnwink]

Emma

Ray&Sarah
30-07-2004, 21:31
We are going to visit the six flags theme park near Annapolis on our holiday this year, our eldest son wanted to go to the one in Los Angeles when we were there a couple of years ago but we didn't have time. He wants to spend his 15th birthday there, so thats what we plan to do.:D

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
30-07-2004, 21:34
Yes we are CDV [msnsmile2]

I don't remember Elvis from when I was young - it was always somethign my step-mother played from some old looking records.

Hey John, think we are the same age, I love Elvis!!
[/quote]

blott
30-07-2004, 22:24
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk

I don't remember Elvis from when I was young - it was always somethign my step-mother played from some old looking records.[/quote]Oh cripes! Suddenly I feel very old! :(

neilr
31-07-2004, 00:12
Still not tried New York...[xx(]

luckylady
31-07-2004, 00:23
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk

I don't remember Elvis from when I was young - it was always somethign my step-mother played from some old looking records.[/quote]Oh cripes! Suddenly I feel very old! :(
[/quote]
Blimey me to Goerge I feel like a mother hen watching over the baby chicks and for you John saying you don't remember Elvis when you were young that takes the biscuit!!!111111[:0][:0]I will just go and sit in my rocking chair
and think about THE GOOD OLD DAYS[msnwink][msnwink]
Barbara

CarolAnn
17-08-2004, 18:33
And how was six flags theme park near Annapolis Ray & Sarah [?]
As good as 'the falls'[?][msntongue]At least I know where you are talking about now[msnembarrased]

Cruella DeVilla
18-08-2004, 21:09
Barbara,
I remember Elvis...just...shame really as my vidid memory was the day he died as it was a week after my 10th Birthday. I remember the newspaper coming through the door and my granddad saying "Oh my"....

amy
18-08-2004, 22:51
I actualy chose other as I have been to all the places above and more but still would like to visit Chicago and Washington.
[/quote]
I went for other as well,we have spent a few hours at Chicago and Washington when chaning flights...does that count as a visit?:D

jolliffee
18-08-2004, 22:58
I went for NY, just love the place winter or summer (though I'd choose summer on my own money).

anna maria freak
19-08-2004, 04:20
Definately Memphis if only to visit Graceland :D otherwise Vermont in the fall

Lorraine

chrizzy100
19-08-2004, 04:31
I voted for other because I just love Boston......I know I'be been there......but everytime we go we see something new......:D

feathersonline
19-08-2004, 19:05
We had to vote for Las Vegas, 'cos we're going there in November:D

E. Cosgrove
20-08-2004, 22:02
Love SF been twice and going again next year. It's my favourite US city that I have been to closely followed by Boston and Phoenix ( well Scottsdale actually) Went to Las Vegas and said great but I won't be coming back as i've seen all I want......been back twice!!
I'd love to visit Savannah, Charleston and New Orleans.

E. Cosgrove
21-08-2004, 00:49
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by feathersonline
[/quote]
Where are you staying Helen and Kevin?

Ray&Sarah
21-08-2004, 01:50
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CarolAnn
And how was six flags theme park near Annapolis Ray & Sarah [?]
As good as 'the falls'[?][msntongue]At least I know where you are talking about now[msnembarrased]
[/quote]

Six flags was great, Rich loves roller coasters and he and Ray got a good "fix" of thrill rides. They had 9 large thrill rides at the park, so Ray and Rich certainly got there monies worth. Incidently we bought tickets via the six flags site and saved $7 per person, worth doing.
"The falls" were incredible, an absolutely awesome site. We ventured to the Canadian side which was well worth a visit.[msnsmile2]

feathersonline
22-08-2004, 02:41
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by E. Cosgrove
[/quote]
[/quote]

Hi Liz

Don't know yet - we haven't decided on which hotel yet - Ballys looks the favourite so far...[msnsmile]

amy
22-08-2004, 02:48
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by E. Cosgrove
[/quote]
[/quote]

Hi Liz

Don't know yet - we haven't decided on which hotel yet - Ballys looks the favourite so far...[msnsmile]
[/quote]
We stayed in the Aladin back in 2002 and it was great:)

amy
22-08-2004, 02:52
While you are there we would recommend the helicopter flight over the grand canyon and to have a drive down to the Hoover Dam they both are amazing[8D][8D][8D]

feathersonline
22-08-2004, 03:57
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by amy
While you are there we would recommend the helicopter flight over the grand canyon and to have a drive down to the Hoover Dam they both are amazing[8D][8D][8D]
[/quote]

There seems to be so much to do, and we're only going for 4 nights!!:D
Still, now we've got our own place in Florida, we can always go again another time...[msnwink]

heathercobbett
28-08-2004, 12:24
I had a guest who had flown to Canada and done all the must-see places in Canada and America using a series of internal flights.
She said she did not want to die missing something.They have now picked favourites to return to;however,I am glad to say that for overall family enjoyment and value for money their Florida holiday came out tops!

tuzanne
29-08-2004, 04:00
Have been to all of them apart from Memphis and New Orleans. All great cities to visit but when I though if I had a weekend and I had to choose tomorrow, New York won

sue

tuzanne
29-08-2004, 04:01
All cities great and have visited most of them but if I had tickets tomorrow and had to choose I just loved New york

Sue

plymouth-hunni
03-09-2004, 16:05
It would always be Florida:D
leah.

KirstieLou
03-09-2004, 17:25
I'd love to see Vegas & New York. But when I think of booking for the USA my mind just goes straight for Florida!

fiona
03-09-2004, 17:54
Would like to see New England (in summer and autumn, Cape Cod, want to drive Route 66 (not on the back of a Harley whatever Chris thinks, well not me anyway!!) Wyoming, the Rockies, parts of Maryland, San Francisco and the Big Sur and of course the Big Easy. Well that will do for starters.

You'd have to pay me to go to Las Vegas but as Chris tells me it is somewhere we just HAVE to see it could be expensive for him!;)

plymouth-hunni
05-09-2004, 21:10
:D i really want to go to new york!!:D

Leah.

lisi
06-09-2004, 22:58
I voted for New Orleans as I would love to see something of the south but I should have put ANYWHERE - just love to see more of the States other than San Francisco. Must win the lottery!:D
Lisi

zerotone
10-09-2004, 11:42
We have been to quite a few cities in USA including Las Vegas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Oklahoma, Tulsa, St Louis, Albuquerque and Honolulu in Hawaii. As we have not been to New York I voted for that.

Jane