PDA

View Full Version : Who Likes Turkey Legs

neilbrunton
27-07-2004, 14:28
We have all seen the Turkey Legs sold in the Disney parks. I personally think that they look and smell disgusting but you always see people (Americans) eating them.

The question is Do you like them?

Ray&Sarah
27-07-2004, 14:42
Had to vote "wouldn't touch them with a barge pole" as in the Florida heat being paraded around the park we always worry that they may be lasting consequences. Also prefer other parts of the bird, and I do mean the feathered variety!!![msnwink]:D:D

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
27-07-2004, 14:55
We voted for this too. We are all veggies and cannot think of anything that looks (or smells) quite as disgusting as these things they sell in Disney - yuck [msnsad].

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ray&Sarah
Had to vote "wouldn't touch them with a barge pole" as in the Florida heat being paraded around the park we always worry that they may be lasting consequences. Also prefer other parts of the bird, and I do mean the feathered variety!!![msnwink]:D:D
[/quote]

Nostromo
27-07-2004, 15:22
I agree that they look disgusting. Reminded me of a 1960s caveman film wher the characters gnaw into massive whatever legs, except that those in the Disney parks were wearing T-shirts and shorts. [V][V]

fiona
27-07-2004, 19:11
They ALWAYS make my stomach churn!

blott
27-07-2004, 19:18
I just HATE turkey and go into hiding every Christmas! [xx(]

Cruella DeVilla
27-07-2004, 19:25
I had one years ago and it was really tasty. None of the pole choices fit what I think, I would have one again but I did not love it!

Cruella DeVilla
27-07-2004, 19:26
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
I had one years ago and it was really tasty. None of the poll choices fit what I think, I would have one again but I did not love it!
[/quote]

Ana
28-07-2004, 02:40
Are they actually cooked?? They look so red. It makes my stomach churn when people stand and eat them in theme park queues - yuk!

Cruella DeVilla
28-07-2004, 13:57
Would not go on the rollercoaster after one!

neilr
28-07-2004, 20:00
I must confess I love them!!

Sorry to the veggies, but I relish a big smokey leg of an evening!!

[msntongue]

bridget
29-07-2004, 13:55
They look raw - yuk! [xx(]

caroline
29-07-2004, 14:29
My sister in law wanted to try one the last we were over, it had grease pouring from it and looked positively revolting[xx(]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
29-07-2004, 17:22
Don't forget "you are what you eat":D:D

John has already voted so I cannot add to the poll but they not only look repulsive, I find them offensive!:(

Sarah

Cruella DeVilla
29-07-2004, 18:33
OK Gonna upset the veggies I just know it. I had 2 friends both in your face veggies...... both "converted back" one after about 10 years and the other after 6, one by KFC and the other by Bacon sandwiches! I could do without red meat but I like white meat too much. Some days I do not eat meat without even thinking about it. Could not live without fish though.
EACH TO THEIR OWN![^]

sian
30-07-2004, 06:14
We are all veggie and I agree with John and Sarah (strangely enough!!) My daughter hates the area in Tomorrow Land, near the alien encounter, where there appears to be a particularly pungent and popular turkey leg hang out! They do smell truly disgusting and unfortunately the legs are a good shape for waving around and wafting the smell everywhere - yuck. They should definitely be banned from ride queues!

Angua
30-07-2004, 11:47
I think we're getting dangerously close to Omnivore Discrimination here!! ....and I should know, my Dad & StepMum are Vegans and that trumps Vegetarianism easily. Although, I too have often felt like complaining when they've eaten a particularly garlicky Humus or some strange and wonderful Bean Casserole (with the ensuing sound and scent effects!) so I know where you're coming from.

[:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
30-07-2004, 15:56
Hmmm...a few dodgy stereotypes here methinks [msnsad]
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Angua
I think we're getting dangerously close to Omnivore Discrimination here!! ....and I should know, my Dad & StepMum are Vegans and that trumps Vegetarianism easily. Although, I too have often felt like complaining when they've eaten a particularly garlicky Humus or some strange and wonderful Bean Casserole (with the ensuing sound and scent effects!) so I know where you're coming from.

[:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)]
[/quote]

Angua
30-07-2004, 16:39
Ooh er! Mea Culpe.[msnsad] I was only intending it as a joke and thought that was clear by the clown faces.

My apologies if I have offended any Forum Members with a Vegetarian or Vegan diet out there as that was not my intention at all.[:I]

Stereotypes are generally the basis for all jokes (Mother-in-law, 'er Indoors, Golfing Husbands, Nagging Women, Lazy Men, White-van drivers etc.) and my family and Friends who have a Vegan/Vegetarian diet are constantly offering banter back and forth about "Carnivores" so I assumed (wrongly, obviously) that other Vegetarians/Vegans would not take offence at the same kind of (what I thought of as) harmless banter.

I do realise that not every Ovo, Lacto-Ovo, Lacto, Pesco or Pollo Vegetarian and/or Vegan eats Humus or Bean Casserole, honest.[msnwink]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
30-07-2004, 16:45
No problem Angua. I just get a bit bored by those kind of comments as they are just not true. It's probably just me being a bit touchy (wouldn't be the first time) [msnwink].

Ooh er! Mea Culpe.[msnsad] I was only intending it as a joke and thought that was clear by the clown faces.

My apologies if I have offended any Forum Members with a Vegetarian or Vegan diet out there as that was not my intention at all.[:I]

Stereotypes are generally the basis for all jokes (Mother-in-law, 'er Indoors, Golfing Husbands, Nagging Women, Lazy Men, White-van drivers etc.) and my family and Friends who have a Vegan/Vegetarian diet are constantly offering banter back and forth about "Carnivores" so I assumed (wrongly, obviously) that other Vegetarians/Vegans would not take offence at the same kind of (what I thought of as) harmless banter.

I do realise that not every Ovo, Lacto-Ovo, Lacto, Pesco or Pollo Vegetarian and/or Vegan eats Humus or Bean Casserole, honest.[msnwink]
[/quote]

Angua
30-07-2004, 17:10
Phew!:D I'm glad I only bored you and didn't offend. ;)

I was just trying to lighten the mood and, in my own way, say that I didn't agree that "offensive Turkey Leg eaters" should be banned from queues.

I much rather ban offensive aftershave/perfume wearers![:o)][:o)] (Seriously, only kidding! any heavy-scent wearers don't write in)

Live and let live is my motto.[msnsmile2]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
30-07-2004, 17:19
Hey - what's wrong with wearing aftershave (only kidding [msnwink][msnsmile2]).
I much rather ban offensive aftershave/perfume wearers![:o)][:o)] (Seriously, only kidding! any heavy-scent wearers don't write in)
[/quote]

blott
30-07-2004, 18:31
At least you're safe in the knowledge Sarah that all the ones with strong aftershave/perfume will be attacting any bugs away from you! :D:D

Angua
30-07-2004, 18:57
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott
At least you're safe in the knowledge Sarah that all the ones with strong aftershave/perfume will be attacting any bugs away from you! :D:D
[/quote]

Hee, Hee, hadn't thought of that, I'd be bite-free although suffocated in a cloud of scent. Hmmmm I think I'd rather have the bites!:D

Oooh, Oooh! Can I ban wearers of socks AND sandals? They definitely offend my sensibilities!![:o)][:o)] (again only kidding, I have good friends and dear family who wear socks and sandals)

jolliffee
30-07-2004, 19:05
Hi Angua. Digging a hole without a ladder comes to mind. From an aftershave wearing, shorts with white socks and open sandals.. ..sort of guy. Though I do think Turkey legs are fowl.[msnsmile2]

Angua
30-07-2004, 19:39
Alright, hands-up, I surrender.[:o)] Blame it on the heat;)

I would add that I too don't like the look of the Turkey legs so haven't tried them but then I won't eat chicken legs either.... unless they're cold.... which doesn't make a lot of sense.... I also don't like my baked beans to touch anything else on my plate. Does that make me strange?;)

blott
30-07-2004, 22:39
I also don't like my baked beans to touch anything else on my plate. Does that make me strange?;)
[/quote]Well, you did ask! Er, yes! :D

neilr
31-07-2004, 00:01
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:
I also don't like my baked beans to touch anything else on my plate. Does that make me strange?;)
[/quote]

Only if that includes the pattern on the plate!!

[msnwink]

sian
31-07-2004, 05:32
Phew!:D I'm glad I only bored you and didn't offend. ;)

I was just trying to lighten the mood and, in my own way, say that I didn't agree that "offensive Turkey Leg eaters" should be banned from queues.

Live and let live is my motto.[msnsmile2]
[/quote]

Those turkeys aren't doing much living!![msnwink][msnsad]

ncmurray
05-08-2004, 03:52
Angua, I would agree with you about the beans, I ALWAYS serve them in a little bowl on the plate. It must be something deep and dark hidden in our childhoods, do you think??[msnscared]

Angua
05-08-2004, 21:33
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ncmurray
Angua, I would agree with you about the beans, I ALWAYS serve them in a little bowl on the plate. It must be something deep and dark hidden in our childhoods, do you think??[msnscared]
[/quote]

Nope, I'm just mad as a Hatter.:D It's good to know that I'm not alone though. Hubbie thinks it's hilarious.

There is method to my madness though, they make everything go soggy - yeuch[xx(])

george
06-08-2004, 02:52
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
Don't forget "you are what you eat":D:D

John has already voted so I cannot add to the poll but they not only look repulsive, I find them offensive!:(

Sarah
[/quote]Sarah
That makes me 25% Chinees, 25% Indian, 25% Thai and 25% Italian
(My dad had a bike !)

george
06-08-2004, 22:04
I am a mushroom in my other life as Pamela keeps me in the dark !
Anyway back to the original poll question.. The answer is ..A legless Turkey:D[}:)]:D:D:D

lynn and ray
10-08-2004, 21:27
my kids dont like beans touching anything else on their plate either. MOST STRANGE

Nostromo
10-08-2004, 22:53
People do all sorts of things with their beans. I love a couple of hard-boiled eggs garnished with Baked Beans. (Apparently, Chico Marx used to love that for breakfast!:D)

phaedra
10-08-2004, 23:52
Tried them once, like chewing an old boot! Even our middle one who eats anything wouldn't eat it!

CarolAnn
11-08-2004, 18:22
Would never eat one[:p]But I would feel like part of my MK park day was ruined if I couldn't smell em what I got to Frontier Land:):D[8D]