PDA

View Full Version : Amerisuites Hotels

sarahjk
26-07-2004, 16:22
Hiya

Has anyone any views on the Amerisuites Hotels, there is 2 in Miami they are suites with double bed and 2 singles, and in the living area a sofa bed which would be ideal for us for 1 or 2 nights with my brother being with us he could sleep in the living area which would mean we do not need 2 rooms, the price is $109 per night.

I would be interested though in any reviews if possible before we book. They also have hotels in Fort Lauderdale and Coca I think, so this might be an idea for us for the 3 days travelling before we go to the villa.
If anyone has stayed in these or know someone that has would be very grateful for reviews

blott
26-07-2004, 16:51
Not stayed in them sorry but that does sound awfully cheap for Miami where the prices are normally much higher than in the Orlando area. If I remember correctly, we paid more than that per night for a double room in a hotel in Miami in 1998! Not that it necessarily means anything of course as it depends where it's located.

Cruella DeVilla
26-07-2004, 17:12
We, until our last trip always stayed in the Amerisuites on I Drive/Universal Blvd. Good value and near to the action. We have stayed there about 6 times as the suites are great and the breakfast is nice and plentiful. All changed at New Year, we were badly let down, and lived day to day with the booking for that night although we had booked 10 nights. It was really stresful as we were in the process of buying our villas and did not have time to pack up and look for somewhere else. We ended up on the bottom floor in a shabby room. Normally have the top floor to limit noisy elephants above. So we found a new place same idea but lovely and helpful but that is in Orlnado. I would suggest you give it a try. Try and get a suite or one of the business suites (check they have sleepers). You will get it cheaper if you take a coupon from the books you find everywhere. We got it once for as low as $59 plus tax....do not forget the tax.

Miami is so expensive, we stay on Southbeach, roughly $100 a night for the lower end Days Inn and we paid something like $350 a night($1.45 =£1 at that stage) for one night on Collins in one of the Art Deco places. IT WAS BEAUTIFUL and a special occasion so we hired a 2 seater convertable, drove down from Orlando for the night...lovley time had by all and drove back the next day. Spooky really as we had our picture taken by the Calendar on South Beach and a year to the day we got married in Vegas. Was meant to be!

Have a greaqt trip whatever you decide.

All you choice. Hope this helps.