PDA

View Full Version : FAO Schwartz

sarahjk
26-07-2004, 16:16
Hi Guys

Does anyone know if FAO is still open as when we were over in Dec they had a Closing Down Sale on we did not go near there again before we left so did not know if it was true or just a sales gimmick could someone let us know for sure as the girls really love this place and would really miss it if its not there any more

allyjack
26-07-2004, 20:23
It's definately gone- was there in July and although nothing was dismantled outside doors locked and shop empty. Was in Boston in March and the one there is gone too
Alison

ctgirlscout
26-07-2004, 21:08
I think the one in NYC is gone too.

Ray&Sarah
27-07-2004, 02:21
We heard that the receivers had been called in!

sarahjk
27-07-2004, 16:31
Thats so sad will really miss that shop cant believe that the chain has completely gone now I thought it was massive although I did always think that they were a bit overpriced for Orlando but still you had to buy something every year because it was FAO at least that was the excuse I always gave my husband [msnwink]

Epic
27-07-2004, 19:38
is this the one in pointe orlando??im gutted if it is i love that place and the oversized toys outside.it will be missed by us as we stay in the hotel opposite it.

Emma

sarahjk
27-07-2004, 21:07
Yes Emma it was I wonder if the company that takes over the building will keep the toys as they are a great photo opportunity Have loads of pics from over the years with the girls sitting on or standing next to them

traceya89
11-08-2004, 02:47
i was very disappointed when we went to FAO last November as they had no BRATZ toys in and they are so popular. Cant believe it is closed as i have loads of pictures of my little girl on the toys outside. Lets hope they stay there. I agree FAO was well over priced but you just had to buy something in there for the sake of it.