PDA

View Full Version : Shady Areas?

daxon
26-07-2004, 14:33
Kids are desparate to go to one of the water parks (prob the one with the surfing waves?). I wont be doing much activity but am quite happy to sit in the sun & read, but Mum & Dad need shade. Anyone tell me if there are any areas in the shade with comfortable seating? Failing that looks like they're going to get out of this trip & be sitting by the pool[msnwink]

Nostromo
26-07-2004, 17:12
Yes. The park with the wave pool is Disney's Typhoon Lagoon and it is much better landscaped than its sister park, Blizzard Beach. As a result, you have more shady areas in TL than BB, but (especially in summer) these choice spots get occupied quickly.

Homer
26-07-2004, 18:02
Quickly is an understatement!!!

We got there last year about 40 mins after opening and it was packed and that was September!!!

Was great though cant wait to get back there in 49 days 9 hours and 20 mins (not that I am counting!!)

CarolAnn
27-08-2004, 13:39
Safety warning at these Great Parks:(Watch your kids in the water, especially the wave pool at Typhoon! They are fab, but in seconds we almost lost our then 3 yr old:(It was the most scary experience, it wasn't too packed either, early one October morning[msnscared]
All turned out well, but kids are so excited to be there, they are off!!
Be safe and have a great time[msnwink]

Homer
27-08-2004, 17:42
Would agree with Carol I am a big fat bloater!! and they knocked me off my feet