PDA

View Full Version : ANOTHER 'L VISA ' QUESTION

jeffr
25-07-2004, 02:30
Can any body tell me if it is possible to obtain a L1 visa to set up a subsidiary business. Then buy an existing business once it has been granted, as part of your investment.
And also, if i use a U.S. company to process my application - Do i still have to go for an interview at the U.S. embassy in London.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Jeff

jeffc
25-07-2004, 06:05
RE once you get your L1 VISA you can set up or buy as many business,s as you want so long as you meet the min requirements laid down in your L1 visa...

Normally now on L1 you have to be manager standard and not operate on a hands on basis but you have to employ and have structure to the business not just you and your spouse doing gardens etc......

Regarding going to the US embassy i believe you still have to attend the ulitmate interview in LONDON or in the UK....

Heard a nice thing the other day a plasterer got a green card in 1 year due to the fact that the trade is in short supply.... sorry no further info on the subject still trying to confirm this...

esprit
25-07-2004, 07:34
You do have to go to the UK. Only the UK embassy can stamp the visa in your passport. There is plenty of building going on here so I could believe what you say about the plasterer, but I didnt think anyone got a green card in a year now, it is taking two - three to process,

jeffr
25-07-2004, 22:06
Thanks for the response jeff & Julie

Do you know if there is any benefit or draw backs from using a U.S. or UK based company to process the visa

Thanks again.

Jeff

P.S. Jeffc ! .... Some great signings for the new season, can you believe it ?.

jeffc
26-07-2004, 01:10
dont think there are any benefits on either just do your home work first as you will be grilled at the embassy...
we used a us based brit and the service was great...

our lady put the petition in over in the us first ready for us to await our visit to the embassy.

looks good on paper but they have to play and not moan.... had them before #ravanelli# springs to mind...