PDA

View Full Version : Primeval Whirl

imported_n/a
11-09-2002, 21:52
A waltzer on rails high up in the sky - terrified me! Just as you think you are going off the end of the rails, the car whizzes itself around and you go in another direction. I hated it but 8yr old loved it.

caroline
17-11-2003, 22:34
We tried this out for the first time a couple of weeks ago and thought it was really good, great for all the family, enough thrills for the real dare devils and not tooooooooo scary for me:)

tinkerbell
18-11-2003, 00:51
Sounds great! It reminds me from the description of the rollercoaster at Chessington WOA, the Mad Mouse or somethign it's called?!

mikewj
21-11-2003, 01:16
I strapped my camera to my wrist and took some great pics of my mother-in-law on this ride. [msnsmile2]

She's nearly 70 and doesn't do thrill rides....she had trouble walking in a straight line afterwards, but it was worth it !!

simo
16-10-2004, 18:31
myself & my lad Jake went on this 7 or 8 times during our last trip. Jake has mobility problems but loves rollercoasters & this is one of his favorites. Depending who you get in the car with you influences the spin speed as well :)

simon

CarolAnn
17-10-2004, 00:44
Well, I had a go last year, but this year just let the kid go on her own[msnwink]Not for me, I must have been made the first time[laugh]

WR1
17-10-2004, 01:01
We like this ride:D

WR1
17-10-2004, 01:13
They had this ride in the car park at our shoping center, a few week's ago and it was named the mouse trap :D

WR

Nostromo
17-10-2004, 12:58
Primeval Whirl is quite a good, exciting ride without being in the 'white knuckle' class. I think PW often gets biased reviews and I feel that it is better than what some reports make it out to be. Like BTMR, PW is a good 'second step' coaster for those gradually overcoming their fears and climbing up the rollercoaster ladder.

brizzle
17-10-2004, 14:14
I was very underwhelmed by this ride to be honest....but I do think the whole of Chester and Hesters is terrible as well.

I've had more of a thrill in a similar vein from the two bit travelling fairs in the UK on the Waltzers. Now *that's* a spinning ride :)

My first job as Disney CEO would be to rip out Chester and Hesters.

Brizzle

Nostromo
17-10-2004, 17:41
Though I quite like Primeval Whirl, I agree with Brizzle that Chester & Hester as a whole is tacky, garish and totally out of context with an Animal Themed park. It should be removed and something a bit more aeshtetically pleasing put in its place, with PW alone retained and quietly redecorated to suit the new surroundings.

chunkichik
15-11-2004, 22:22
We queued for about 45 minutes for this as it looked good fun for my two who were wimps for most of the last trip. I thought it looked very tame but we were all pleasantly surprised with the outcome!

Not sure if it would have the same effects a second time though