PDA

View Full Version : 1st time visitors - help please

babybear
23-07-2004, 21:16
Hi Everyone.

We are from Scotland in the UK and are hoping to go to Florida in June/July next year for 3 weeks.

We really don't know where to start. Apparently we are still too early to book flights, but we would like to find a villa if possible.

There are only 4 of us (mum, dad and two girls, 9 and 4) so we don't need or want a huge place but we would really like a villa with our own pool. All the villas we see for rent are huge!!

Newhomebuyer
23-07-2004, 21:29
There is a wide selection of 3 bedroom homes available from this site. They would be very suitable for your family I am sure.

daxon
23-07-2004, 22:07
Thats the thing about USA - everything is huge!!! I would not worry about a villa being too big for you. First of all have a good browse at what type of facilities are available - any of the links at the top of the forum will show you loads of options. When you get a rough idea just put some enquiries in & ask loads of questions. A lot of villas are getting pretty booked up already for the peak times of next year so its never too late to start looking - you will find the Flights link at the top of the page really helpful too!
Planning is half the fun!!! :D

Ray&Sarah
23-07-2004, 23:42
You have found a really good source of information with this site, the villa owners are willing to give their advise just ask the questions. As Dawn says have a good browse around the site, and then just in an enquiry. You can get Car Hire, Flights and Theme PArk tickets at great prices through the links at the top of the page.

Tracy
24-07-2004, 01:11
This is a great source of information for your entire vacation and not just choosing a villa. I am sure you will all have a great time next year, it won't be long before flights are released and then you will be on count down for your magical experience. Use the searches and post questions to anything you can't find.

Have a great holiday and enjoy looking forward to a great holiday !!!!!

sunseeker
24-07-2004, 17:58
Hi BabyBear

we booked a 3 bed villa through this site in 2002, Have now booked a 4 bed,flights and car for next year. No doubt we will be booking the park tickets here too.:D I personaly wouldnt look anywhere else, it would be a waste of time as this site would be very hard to beat.
Go for it, they are a very honest bunch.;) :D

Dave

brizzle
24-07-2004, 20:07
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Apparently we are still too early to book flights, but we would like to find a villa if possible.
[/quote]

Try the link at the top of this site. They often have pre-release seats so you can guarantee the dates you want, then you can book the villa :). They also turn out a lot of the time to be the cheapest I have found (and I do a *lot* of research).

We booked a 3 bedroom, we also are mum, dad & two little ones, and it was perfect but I would have no qualms about booking a bigger villa if it had the location/facilities I wanted.

Half the fun of the holiday is the booking and planning, enjoy.

Brizzle

Andy & Arlene
24-07-2004, 23:30
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by brizzle
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Apparently we are still too early to book flights, but we would like to find a villa if possible.
[/quote]

Try the link at the top of this site. They often have pre-release seats so you can guarantee the dates you want, then you can book the villa :). They also turn out a lot of the time to be the cheapest I have found (and I do a *lot* of research).

We booked a 3 bedroom, we also are mum, dad & two little ones, and it was perfect but I would have no qualms about booking a bigger villa if it had the location/facilities I wanted.

Half the fun of the holiday is the booking and planning, enjoy.

Brizzle
[/quote]

I think the pre-release seats usually apply to Virgin (although I could be wrong). If it is only Virgin, then they do not have a tie in with connecting flights from Scotland, which would mean you would have to pay extra to get flights south. When we fly from Aberdeen we are restricted to BA, KLM and sometimes British Midland (depending on the time of year). However, if you are flying from Glasgow then there are also a few chartered companies who fly out of there. :)

RIS
27-07-2004, 14:47
All the above comments are absolutely right. A villa with it’s own pool would normally be 3 or 4 bed and generally huge. But just compare how reasonable the prices would still be compared with a hotel for example! Just enjoy your own private pool AND all that space! Have a great holiday![msnsmile]

Elaine62
27-07-2004, 16:28
we've just booked our flights for next June using the link at the top of the page. After MUCH research they turned out to be the cheapest. We have chosen to go with BA and will fly to London on the Friday night, leave the following morning and fly direct to Orlando Int'l. We have also booked 3 weeks carhire incl insurance with charter travel. The total cost is only £14 more expensive than the flight only cost with BA that I was quoted by my travel agent who was trying to get the cheapest price possible for us!! Having twice stayed in a hotel, last year for 3 weeks I would recommend a villa (having said that this will be our first year in a villa!). We feel though that the hotel room does get very cramped and there is nowhere to escape to, except the communal pool which we couldn't let our daughter go to alone. At least the villa we have booked has 2 separate lounges, a games room and a pool so there will be plenty of room for all of us to chill out in without being on top of each other. Having nwo spent over a full week trying to get flights to tie in with our villa booking I would suggest that you book your flights first, as flights from Scotland even for next summer are filling up fast. There are more than enough villas to choose from that you should be able to find something suitable to tie in with your flights.

Elaine

Drew
04-08-2004, 04:54
Don't forget Continental, US Airways, Icelandair, also fly from Scotland with 1 stop in either Newark, Philadelphia, or Reykjavik. As usual though, prices bump up in price earlier than the flights from London/Manchester. The Easyjet flights to Gatwick are useful for connecting with some of the transatlantic flights.
Drew