PDA

View Full Version : Shopping at the Theme Parks

imported_n/a
11-09-2002, 18:52
You can just shop at Disney world parks, tell the Guest relations you just want to shop and buy a days admission and they will refund it if you return within the hour. Don't forget Downtown Disney opens 9.30am til 11pm if you forget anything!!

If you buy something in one park and want to return it, you can return it at any theme park including water parks and Disney stores too.

If you see something you want, buy it there and then as all the shops within the parks sell different things and you may not see it again.

caroline
11-09-2002, 19:27
If your going to be at the park all day and don't want to carry whatever you've bought - you can have it delivered to the front of the park - guest relations - and then collect it on the way out

Caroline

esprit
11-09-2002, 21:12
Shopping at the theme parks is expensive. Tee shirts and cuddly toys cost less at the Character Warehouse in the malls where they sell seconds and slow selling lines off and less still in the ordinary souvenir shops though they will be lookalikes and not Disney quality. Be careful at buying expensive items of Disney themed clothing. They look great in Orlando but will you really wear them extensively back in the UK?? Also, watch your luggage allowance!!

Julie Carty

caroline
12-09-2002, 10:25
We always find wonderful things to buy at Epcot and Magic Kingdom - that you just don't see in the discount shops - not always "Disney" related either.

Caroline

esprit
12-09-2002, 12:39
That is certainly true in the Epcot World showcase area. Marvellous Chinese, Mexican and Moroccan clothes, jewellery, ornaments etc.which are not at all Disney themed. Epcot is like a world fair really. Magic Kingdom also has some really intesting ornaments, crystalware etc inside the shop in the castle. I was talking more about your common or garden Disney souvenirs ( tee Shirts, cuddley toys etc)

Julie Carty

fiona
12-09-2002, 13:04
For the Winnie the Pooh fans there is usually more in the shops by the ride in Fantasy Land and Adventure land (ie the rides The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh and Splash Mountain / Big Thunder Mountain Railroad).

Not sure that you could get up here, do some shopping and be back at the gates within an hour though!

Fiona

caroline
12-09-2002, 13:38
Julie - Have you seen the Waterford Crystal with Mickey ears in the cut? I was going to get the ice bucket for Dave last year, but ran out of time so it's on the shopping list for October

Caroline

imported_n/a
12-09-2002, 19:53
Love Disney Shopping - could spend hours looking at anything related to the characters but do feel that Epcot's World Showcase is expensive - went to buy my daughter a Chinese dress and it was $100! Handbags in Italy are beautiful leather but again not cheap and as for the champagne in France!

Nevertheless - there are some cheaper things to buy in all countries. My daughter collects flags (the small handsize ones) from all over the world, people bring them back of their hols - but we got 4 we hadn't got in an hour - and it was quite fun searching for them, I got a chance to have a quick shop without her realising!

Precious
12-09-2002, 19:55
I find Wal-Mart good for characture Tee's and much cheaper.

imported_n/a
12-09-2002, 21:25
Great kids Tshirt and short in Walmarts with all the Disney characters - always buy nieces gifts here, but quality is not as good as Disney's sometimes so be careful.

caroline
13-09-2002, 02:41
quote:
Love Disney Shopping - could spend hours looking at anything related to the characters but do feel that Epcot's World Showcase is expensive - went to buy my daughter a Chinese dress and it was $100! Handbags in Italy are beautiful leather but again not cheap and as for the champagne in France!

Jane - have you tried buying a glass of champagne and then sitting outside the little shop soaking up the atmosphere - very pleasant and very "grown-up" after all the kiddie stuff

Caroline

imported_n/a
13-09-2002, 15:48
Hadn't thought of buying just a glass, sounds fabulous and posh!! Definitely a photo op just to prove to the kids I can act my age! My daughter and I are a bit like Edina and Saffy of AbFab - I'm the wayward mother and she is the sensible daughter - my Mom does the batty Nan bit wonderfully!

caroline
13-09-2002, 16:07
The only downside are the plastic "glasses" - nice plastic.....but still plastic...

Caroline

esprit
13-09-2002, 16:40
Never mention to an ardent collector that you are going to Disney. We were once asked to bring back the special 25th anniversary crystal Dumbo, which was a limited edition only available in the shop in the castle of MK. This was a special request from a work colleague of my husbands who omitted to tell us it cost an arm and a leg and provide the money upfront!! Anyway, it was £120 which we had to put on our visa. We were then totally terrified that the thing would get damaged before it got to her. Fortunately we did manage to get it to her in one piece and she was delighted. What a responsability though! Reckon it has gone up a bit in value by now. Collectors stuff, especially limited edition, often does and is worth buying.

Julie Carty