PDA

View Full Version : which is the best park to visit at christmas

sheenallan
22-07-2004, 14:59
Hi,
We are over on Dec 15 until Jan 5 and wondered which parks are the best to visit we are taking my daughter her husband and grandson who will be nearly 2 they are on a very tight budget so can only do 2 parks

Newhomebuyer
22-07-2004, 15:53
I would say Magic Kingdom and Epcot.
Don't forget to use Celebration one evening as they have carol singers and snow falls and you don't have to pay.

Snapper
22-07-2004, 21:45
I would second the recommendation for Epcot. Ask at guest services for all the special Christmas events so that you can work out the timings to not miss any of them. When we were there a couple of years ago they had readings of the Christmas story, bell ringing, lighting the lights on the huge Christmas tree.

Ray&Sarah
22-07-2004, 23:07
Would have to agree with the above suggestions, the magic kingdom for a two year old at Christmas would be great. Would suggest that you avoid the actual Christmas hols though as it would be bedlam. We went to MK on Christams day a few years ago and it was wall to wall people and really horrible. Our son was three at the time and got really upset as you just couldn't move. Have a great time.[msnsmile2]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
22-07-2004, 23:49
Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party is a treat. You will need to purchase special tickets but from memory the Magic Kingdom is open to guests with their special MVMCP tickets from 5pm onwards. It was jolly cold last year but good fun being in the park sipping free cocoa and cookies and seeing the night time parade. Availability on the rides is good too as only 10000 guests are admitted. The Wishes fireworks display was wonderful. MVMCP was cheaper than a full days admission as I recall.

Sarah

caseyd
23-07-2004, 01:50
sheenallan: just FYI, if you haven't seen yet, the last day for MVMCP this year is Dec. 17, then it is over, so you'd want to get tickets now for one of the first few nights you are in town. I hope you enjoy it if you go- we are unfurtunately missing it by one day.

sheenallan
23-07-2004, 02:32
Hi,
Thanks to everyone for there suggestions it looks like MVMCP has won the day all I have to do now is get some tickets .
Sheena.

sheenallan
23-07-2004, 02:37
Hi everyone,
Me again how can I buy tickets for MVMCP? can I buy on line or do I have to wait untill I am there to buy?
Sheena

Anne
23-07-2004, 21:52
Sheena,

You can order them from the Disney Site under 'special events'. You pay by credit card and they then post them out to you. I think there was a 10 dollar charge to get them posted out or you can collect them at the desk when you arrive. I got mine posted out to make it easier. They are plastic and have the disney characters on them.

Enjoy I am also going!!

Anne

sheenallan
23-07-2004, 22:44
Hi Anne,
Thanks for putting me right I will order asap We will be going hopefully on Dec 17 and i am sure we will enjoy it hope you do too
Sheena.

Ana
28-07-2004, 03:33
Last time I was there at Christmas was 2000. MGM was the best because of the Osborne(?) family christmas lights. Do they still have that?

blott
28-07-2004, 04:14
They didn't have them last year as the area was being refurbed but I'm assured by Disney that they will definitely be returning this Christmas.