PDA

View Full Version : Flea Markets...again...sorry!

Bigblue33
22-07-2004, 08:32
I know that there are a few flea mkts but what one is the 'best'
And how good is the one on 192 heading west round about watermania?
Thnaks

Don.

cookmml
22-07-2004, 11:17
My view is that with flea markets you can be lucky and get bargains but often the stuff that is sold there is poor quality so you're not really getting a good deal. I have been in the one near watermania it seems to be much the same as all the others I have been to.

Gillian-B
22-07-2004, 12:55
Personally, I like Flea World up in Sanford (although it is a bit of a drive). I haven't been in the US192 Flea Markets for some time, do don't know how they match up.

chrisj
22-07-2004, 13:02
I would have thought they were just like markets back home, some bargains some tash and just
be wary like you would in any market

sheenallan
22-07-2004, 14:38
Hi Don,
The farmers and flea market we like is the one in Daytona it is massive ,it's there on a Fri,Sat and Sun,and sells just about eveything including plants and fruit and veg,there is also another good one although not as big on the way to Siver Springs,on the 192 just passed Silver Springs Rodeo on the left
this one is also on Fri,Sat and Sun makes for a good day out[8D][8D]:D:D
Sheena

Nostromo
22-07-2004, 17:29
We went to several Flea markets on our recent visits. As Cookmml says, you should be careful about what you buy, since the quality can be often dubious. Flea markets are most useful when you need cheap stuff - like an extra bag for your other shopping, trinkets, T-shirts with all sorts of logos etc. The 192 Flea Market on US192 near WalMart (on the opposite side of the road, though) offers a lot of choice. The Maingate Flea Market a bit further West is another worth a visit.

ctgirlscout
26-07-2004, 21:11
We did the Maingate and the 192 earlier this month, and they seemed to have almost identical stuff! In fact, a lot of the vendors have a booth in each one. Only difference, one has AC and the other doesn't!

traceya89
11-08-2004, 02:44
I love the flea markets but dont like to spend too much time browsing as you are hasselled too much by the sellers.

Nostromo
11-08-2004, 12:15
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by traceya89
I love the flea markets but dont like to spend too much time browsing as you are hasselled too much by the sellers.
[/quote]

The browsing and bartering at Flea Markets is all part of the fun of shopping there. Makes you feel like you are in a Marrakesh Bazaar. :):)

ravtino
16-08-2004, 13:45
Went to the flea market on the 192 and the farmers market / flea down towards St Cloud - same stuff you could but in all the gift shops up and down -

Chloe
21-08-2004, 01:42
We tend to visit the one on the 192, down towards Old Town, on the opposite side. We favour that because it has A/C. However, although it is nice to have a mooch, some items there are more expensive than at WalMart, eg. small Minnie & Mickey's. They are $3.50 in WalMart, and about $5.50 in the flea markets. Chloe