PDA

View Full Version : other sources of info 10/8/04

tezz7628
21-07-2004, 11:00
it goes without saying that the information given on the forum is tremendous

but do the members have other sources they would like to pass on??

<span style=&#39;color:red&#39;>

so you will know when to come back and vote i will put the start date in the title

other sources of info (start date)

please feel free to come back and vote </span id=&#39;red&#39;>

(c)= with thanks for assistance

Angua
21-07-2004, 12:51
What's that book called? "A Brit's guide to Orlando"? My friend let me borrow it and I can't remember the proper title but I'm sure that someone on here has mentioned it before. A mine of information (apart from the Forum, of course;)) Bear with me, I'll do some investigation. In the meantime, perhaps someone else remembers it[?]

Angua
21-07-2004, 13:47
Okay, found the book title....

"A Brit's guide to Orlando and Walt Disney World" by Simon Veness. Invaluable book, doesn't just cover the theme parks either. All sorts of hints/tips and reviews.

chrizzy100
21-07-2004, 17:16
I read a few other forums to do with holidaying in FL......

Angua
21-07-2004, 19:03
What about the Official Visitor Centre near the Conference Centre on I-drive (follow the orange sun "i" signs)? Stacks of info in there and loads of discount booklets for shopping/meals etc.

Nostromo
21-07-2004, 20:51
I just voted for the 'Brit's Guide...'. Brilliant stuff, very useful info, including phone numbers. Also, his ratings for rides and attractions seems just right.

tezz7628
21-07-2004, 22:48
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Angua
What about the Official Visitor Centre near the Conference Centre on I-drive (follow the orange sun "i" signs)? Stacks of info in there and loads of discount booklets for shopping/meals etc.
[/quote]

its that one that used to be in the shopping mall (?mercardo) further up i drive isnt it?

Angua
21-07-2004, 23:19
I think that the one that is/was in the Mercado is a seperate entity. The one that I'm talking about is in the parade of shops on International Drive at the junction with Austrian Row. It purports to be the only official tourist office in Orlando and is run by the Orlando/Orange County Convention & Visitors Bureau, Inc. I've always searched out these Bureaus in each US city that I visit as they seem to be more civic and therefore seem more reliable. I could be wrong but there's lots of information in there anyway.

sunseeker
22-07-2004, 01:44
I use the EYEWITNESS TRAVEL GUIDES. I used one on my first visit to Orlando, it has become my florida bible.

Dave

Magical Dreams
24-07-2004, 05:05
Just been on Amazon and Ordered the Brits guide £8.39

Some useful books on there.

Ordered them all!! Why not!!
Hopefull will include some essential info for Villa guests!!

jolliffee
24-07-2004, 20:00
I also like the Hidden Florida by Ulysses Press; lots of authors had input.

george
24-07-2004, 22:22
We've just boought a Thomas Cook Book called Orlando Travellers it's very good and has a free cd with it (haven't looked at that yet)

Pamela

wilfy
11-08-2004, 16:30
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by pontelad
Just been on Amazon and Ordered the Brits guide £8.39

[/quote]

I was browsing in a 2nd hand bookshop in letchworth and found the 2004 book for 50p. As we already had this version we bought from costco earlier this year.

We just put this copy into our home as a gude for all our guests.

CarolAnn
30-08-2004, 01:45
There are other sources? Wow[:0][^]

chrisj
30-08-2004, 02:08
I belong to a few forums and find info out from them, from here, and I have friends living
in Florida, I also ask Blot, :D

neilr
19-09-2004, 23:57
The more sources the merrier.. certainly adds balance!! Not suggesting there isn't balance on this particular forum though..