PDA

View Full Version : Another great trip

chrison
19-07-2004, 17:07
[8D]Just back from another very enjoyable trip to Florida.
Travelled from Belfast via Gatwick with Flybe and Thomas Cook to Sanford.Flights all on time except short delay dodging thunderstorms into Sanford.Thomas Cook flight on Airbus A330,seatback Tv's,food ok but a few inches legroom would not go amiss.On arrival Sanford long queues for immigration but processed fairly quickly by a very friendly,talkative imm officer.Next to Alamo collected brand new Chevy Malibu,very comfortable, then down to John Young to collect keys for Villa. The villa was on the Bass Road near Walmart and was very nice with pool and all mod cons,very clean and in a quiet neighbourhood.
1st Day:Late start then off to Publix,Walmart for supplies then lazy afternoon at pool before heading to Kissimmee Old Town for car cruise.Dinner at Chicago Grill on 192,excellent meal.
2nd Day:Clear blue skies,lazed by pool in morning then Seaworld,Dolphins and Whale shows were superb.I don't do roller coasters but after much badgering from my son decided I may as well go in at the deepend so my first coaster ride was on Kracken.I really enjoyed it.Dinner at Rib and Steakhouse on 192 opposite Howard Johnson,can't remember the name, great meal.
3rd Day:Up early then shopping.Lake Buena Vista,Nike Outlet store then the rest of the day spent in Animal Kingdom probably my favourite park.Eat in the park, OK.
4th Day:Premium Outlets for more shopping then MGM Studios Fantasmic is still Fantastic.Dinner at Bennigans on 535.
5th Day:Bad head cold so did not venture very far.
6th Day:Early start to Busch Gardens,major road works Kissimmee to Lakeland on I4 but only added about ten minutes to journey.Park was busy but waiting times only five to ten minutes on all rides.Enjoyed Kracken so in for a penny, did all of the coasters, some of them twice on front seats.Had a really great day.
7th Day:Typhoon Lagoon all day, not too crowded, HOT!!! left around 4pm as were all starting to burn.
8th day: Shopping!! and yes we DROPPED. Florida Mall, Lake Buena Vista.
Dinner in Macaroni Grill on 192.Very pushy waitress,limited menu for picky kids otherwise very enjoyable.
9th Day:Lazy start then Epcot for Mission Space, SUPERB, but can understand some peoples concerns about motion sickness.Test track, Honey I shrunk etc then forced home by severe storm.Dinner at Bob Evans,very enjoyable.
10th Day:Universal/Islands of Adventure.Early start was spoiled by major accident on I4 at Universal exit closing all five lanes so were late into park.Horrendous queues for all rides,waiting times 75 minutes minimum and fastpass in excess of 6 hours if you could get one.Managed to get on Duelling Dragons (I now have the Coaster Bug)great ride,headed into Universal but just as busy so headed back to the pool.Dinner at Chicago Grill.
11th Day:Lazy morning at pool,Beltz for shopping,Perkins for Dinner.
12th Day:Sea World all day, all shows, some twice, it really is a great park.Stayed for Mystic, excellent.
13th Day: Headed for Blizzard Beach but park was at capacity at 9:45 so went to Typhoon Lagoon for another great day.That evening Old Town for the Motorcycle Cruise then to Bennigans on 535, great meal but service a bit hit and miss.
14th Day:Out of villa by 10:00 after returning keys spent rest of the Day at Mall of Millenia then onto Sanford for uneventful journey home.

All in all a very enjoyable trip.
Best deals: Reebok Stores Buy 1 pair trainers get 2nd half price or buy two get third free, also give you 40% off next purchase 7 days later.
70 6 x 4 prints from my digital camera + index prints + CD at Walgreens in 1 hour for $18.
Road Works: Major works on 192, 535 to Dyer Road makes getting in and out of Walmart a bit of a nightmare.
Minor works on 535 and top end of I Drive.
Major I4 Kissimmee to Lakeland area.

Nostromo
19-07-2004, 18:37
Nice report. You obviously had an enjoyable trip. But reading about the crowds, I am glad that we went went off season in April-May. The longest we had to wait was some 45 minutes for Kali River Rapids without FP!

CarolAnn
19-07-2004, 21:04
Agree about the crowds Nostromo:)We do Mar-Apr, and even with Springbreakers, it's a breeze really!
But any trip report does make me feel 'Homesick'[msnscared]
Great report[:p]:):D[8D]

Ray&Sarah
19-07-2004, 21:08
Great report.[msnsmile2]

Sounds like you had a good time, wish we were there now.[msncry]:D