View Full Version : Cuban Cigars

chrisj
18-07-2004, 00:53
I know there is this thing with USA and Cuba, but a few mates
at work love Cuban cigars, can you buy them in Florida and anyone
know where ??

caroline
18-07-2004, 01:10
You can't legally buy cuban cigars in the US.
However there is an excellent cigar shop in Downtown Disney that sell all the major brands but made in the Dominican republic rather than Cuba.
It is called Sosa Cigars and is opposite the Bongos Cuban Cafe.

Nostromo
18-07-2004, 01:28
Since you can get Cuban cigars easily in the UK, why not buy them here and sneak them across to your American mates? I have never heard the customs guys asking "Are you carring any Cuban cigars?"[8D]

chrisj
18-07-2004, 01:31
Cheers, will have a look out for the place

blott
18-07-2004, 02:35
If you're going near Tampa way, try Ybor for cigars.

agod
18-07-2004, 02:47
I love a Havana, in fact I am smoking a nice big Monte Cristo at the moment.

Under know circumstances, buy them at a UK airport and try and sneak them in, you will probaly be bounced right back on the next plane.

in there eyes its just like bringing in a side of British Beef.

Plus the cost of a good cuban is about £12 each, they are not cheap here, but are in Spain where they have a direct connection.

Most of the American cigars are awful, and can be bought for about $10 for a pack of 10.

They are made in Latin American countries supposedly from cuban leaf, grown from Cuban seed, to try and duplicate it, much like wine grapes are, but a Monte Cristo from Havana, and one from Honduras, is miles apart.

Alan

chrisj
18-07-2004, 03:11
Alan

Thanks, praps I wont bother then, it was just a thought to bring them back something from
Florida that I know they would appreciate

agod
18-07-2004, 03:43
Chrisj

You could buy them a couple of packs of the USA ones, I think you are allowed to bring 50 into the UK.

The place to get them is Wallgreens, they have them behind the till on the shelf, funny they asked me for my i.d. and I am grey haired 54 year old, I was really flattered, as she said they needed I.D. to make sure I was over 40. America EH!! never stops making me laugh.

Alan

chrisj
18-07-2004, 18:38
Alan

Thanks, funny how you need to be over 40, Well I just about make it then :)

amy
18-07-2004, 22:55
When we went on the guided tour around Key west the guide told us the original cigar makers were from Key West, but they emigrated over to Cuba, there was some reason for it but sorry cant remember what it was.