PDA

View Full Version : spelling mistake on tickets

kay9jess
13-07-2004, 14:00
one of our tickets has a sligth spelling error,they have spell my sister in laws name.vivian when her passport is spelt vivien.i phoned the ticket agent they called american airlines who said it would be ok and made a note of it in the system,but she is still worried that she will not be allowed to fly,what do you all think...thanks bernard....[?]ps they wanted $100 to reissue

blott
13-07-2004, 14:27
We had this once before with someone else who was charged for a name spelling change even though it wasn't their fault it was wrong!

I think it would be reassuring for your SIL to speak to AA yourself, rather than accepting that the ticket agent has done so. Their number is 0845 778 9789. Take the name of the person that you spoke to and write down the date and time.

Most of the flight tickets I've ever had have just had my initial and surname on so that might be an idea for your next flights to Florida!

Nostromo
13-07-2004, 14:47
We were also repeatedly warned by Charter Travel that the name spellings have to be exactly right and because of our unfamiliar Indian names, we had to double check this with them very carefully. I agree that it would be in the traveller's interest to be absolutely sure beforehand to avoid unnecessary delays or expense.

chrisj
13-07-2004, 15:19
We always have this problem with our surname, never have a problem even in this day and age
of extra security, but agree you should at least check with the airline themselves

On the side

My company pay me with my middle initial wrong, the bank have my surname wrong and ive never
had a problem :D

ujpest doza
13-07-2004, 16:24
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott
We had this once before with someone else who was charged for a name spelling change even though it wasn't their fault it was wrong!

I think it would be reassuring for your SIL to speak to AA yourself, rather than accepting that the ticket agent has done so. Their number is 0845 778 9789. Take the name of the person that you spoke to and write down the date and time.

Most of the flight tickets I've ever had have just had my initial and surname on so that might be an idea for your next flights to Florida!
[/quote]

Unfortunately this is no longer possible.
We have to print tickets with the clients full christian name these days, whereas in the past an initial would suffice.

adh619
13-07-2004, 16:31
Airlines are strict despite what they say on the telepone - we had to change a Virgin ticket they put an e instead of an a - you have to think about immigration as well as they may check

sully62
14-07-2004, 02:31
this happened to us in march the inital on my ticket was T instead of A ( my name is anthony but everyone calls me tony), the sister in law booked it and put my name down as tony, but my passport says anthony any way went back to the travel agent and they phoned MyTravel the carrier, they said the ticket would have to be changed so that it shows the same name as my passport as security could stop you boarding, better to be safe then waving the rest of the family goodbye
Tony

Ray&Sarah
14-07-2004, 04:07
We also had to get my brothers girlfriends name changed on her ticket when she came away with us on holiday, her surname had an l missing but virgin said it had to be right or they might prevent her flying. It was their mistake and they agreed, after an argument to amend it free of charge.

Charter Travel were very particular about the names on our tickets for this year, they insisted on Raymond and not Ray as they said it must match his passport exactly. We would double check about your sister-in-law just in case better to be safe than sorry.[msnsmile2]

orlandobabe
14-07-2004, 16:54
when my son in law's ticket arrived with an 'e' added to his surname of Flynn -I phoned up and they sent a new ticket FOC. It was their fault at the end of the day.

Sorry but I can't remember which company it was.

bellaepovera
16-07-2004, 07:30
This also happened to me a few years back..Had to have the ticket re done..Did not cost a penny.

Drew
18-07-2004, 14:41
At work, they booked a ticket for me with the name "Drew" which is what everyone calls me, but my passport is Andrew. Had to have a new ticket issued and reclaim the original, so be careful.
Drew/Andrew

Trina
18-07-2004, 15:18
Our daughter has just returned from a Thomas Cook holiday to Tenerife with her friends. She works for a travel agent and did the booking herself and it was double checked by her manager. When their tickets arrived the h was left off of Sarah. TC finally admitted it was their error and issued another ticket. However, when they checked in at Gatwick their info was still incorrect and even had my daughter as Mrs and not Miss!