PDA

View Full Version : Villa Entertainment

Magical Dreams
13-07-2004, 11:12
I want to make everyones Holiday as enjoyable as possible.
Obviously there are somedays where you may decide to just lounge around the villa and take it easy but how do you entertain the kids?? Which would you prefer to see in your Villa when you arrive?

Nigel W
13-07-2004, 12:33
This will be interesting to watch for all us home owners.

chrisj
13-07-2004, 12:41
I put pool table.,

Out of all the others a pool table would be better for us. We could have competitions and
we do all like playing pool. Saying that when we booked our Villa we were very specific that
we wanted a large pool this time,. and this took priority over other stuff.

sarahjk
13-07-2004, 13:23
Would only be swayed with a DVD player I am afraid, we go on holiday to spend time as a family so that means that games stations are out we watch movies or TV if we have a rainy day and if we are spending arranged days at the villa it is to spend in the pool.

Nostromo
13-07-2004, 13:42
I voted for the internet because I use the web a lot, as do rest of the family. So, it will be a good distraction on rest days when we are not in the pool etc. But I think opinions will be interestingly varied for this poll.:)

sandra777
13-07-2004, 16:26
Very interested in this one as we're just about to go out again and always like to add something new so we'll keep an eye on the results:)

chrizzy100
13-07-2004, 17:37
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by sarahjk
Would only be swayed with a DVD player I am afraid, we go on holiday to spend time as a family so that means that games stations are out we watch movies or TV if we have a rainy day and if we are spending arranged days at the villa it is to spend in the pool.
[/quote]

The internet would be the kiss of death to our holiday.......like you we watch DVDs.........and have family time while away......a PS2 with games 2 people can play together is fine........

sarahjk
13-07-2004, 19:03
The internet would be the kiss of death to our holiday.......like you we watch DVDs.........and have family time while away......a PS2 with games 2 people can play together is fine........

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS2 for 2 people is OK but not for my family our holiday is the only time I am strict
With my husband
No playing games on any kind of games stations, I dont mean it he is not really that bad, and it is family tradition we both work all year the kids are in school, our holiday is a time when we can be together for the whole time we love it we even all go shopping together but then who wouldn't want to in Fl

chrisj
13-07-2004, 19:36
Same here if I went on the internet while on Holiday Divorce would soon follow. I have to
behave myself and do what im told :D

chrizzy100
13-07-2004, 19:50
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrisj
Same here if I went on the internet while on Holiday Divorce would soon follow. I have to
behave myself and do what im told :D
[/quote]

Its just habit a lot of the time..you think you'll miss it......but I never do.....and I'm online for minutes on end.......:D:D

rainyday
13-07-2004, 19:54
I voted for air hockey. I agree with the above posts about holidays being very much a family-togetherness time and I like the way air hockey can be played by most age-groups - from the fast & furious adult competitiveness to playing very gently and letting a 6 year old win.
Once my kids realised that all the villas I was looking at had swimming pools, air hockey was next on their list. I'm happy too as I much prefer it to pool (and I have a chance of beating my husband!)

dbrook
13-07-2004, 21:15
I voted air hockey too for the same reason as rainyday. All our family enjoy it and it suits all ages. It was a must for our games room.

sarahjk
13-07-2004, 21:19
Its just habit a lot of the time..you think you'll miss it......but I never do.....and I'm online for minutes on end.......
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me too mustn't let hubbie see this he always gets the flack that he spends all his time on the PC

He cant see me while Im on work, and I have a very stressfull job must do I have to take breaks every hour or so and get some light relief from this site, dont I...

wilfy
13-07-2004, 22:20
I put internet, but as The lad is now at home during the summer hols, and Sarah is just getting into this computer malarky, i'm glad we have aenought machines to go round and i've networked the upstairs!. When we get around to buy some newer pc's i'll go wireless.

As most homes that provide internet access only have one machine i can see fisticuffs [:p]

alan360
14-07-2004, 20:44
I put board games, it's nice to sit down and interact now and again, if you spend all your time watching the TV or on the PC the art of conversation will be lost.

ctgirlscout
14-07-2004, 22:07
I put board games as well. More than two people can play, generally, and there is a lot more interaction and conversation!

blott
14-07-2004, 22:09
Me three. That's not to say we don't provide some of the other stuff on the list though.

CarolAnn
14-07-2004, 22:12
We onlyhave a pool:D[8D]:)and 3 tv's [msnsmile]at the moment[msnsmile]Are the gizmos and gadgets really just something for prospective renters to tick as they decide which villa to have[?]In people's experience do renters REALLY look for so many things in a villa[msneek]Freaks me out! Been going to Orlando since my daughter was 18 months old,she is 12 this year, and I can honestly say it never occured to me until looking around at other villas now we have one, that people provide so much in the villa[msnscared]Come on guys, this isn't 2 weeks in the UK!!):(

Ray&Sarah
14-07-2004, 22:25
CarolAnn you would be amazed at the list that some rentors will give you for must haves![msnoo]

Having said that most are pretty content with pool and TV, as they are out at the parks alot of the time.:)

chrisj
15-07-2004, 01:49
Totally agree Ray/Sarah

A nice pool to relax in and a telly to collapse in front of after a day at the parks is
really all we need. As you say, how much time do you actually spend at the villa, not
that much.

And the time you do spend there apart from sleeping, would imagine most would be in the
pool or in front of the tv :D

Magical Dreams
17-07-2004, 01:15
Yes, Chrisj

Totally agree but what do you do with the kids that can't seem to find something to do??

Adults are easily PLEASED!!

Kids are totally different in my experience!!

chrisj
17-07-2004, 01:34
Ours are happy enough to splash around in the pool to be honest, they seem to live
in the water

Wifey is happy reading a book, my mum is happy moaning at me and im happy just dozing
off on a comfy chair in the sun :)

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
17-07-2004, 01:48
Our villas have lots of extras and find it really helps with US guests who really are looking for a home from home with everything they would expect at home. Before we had so many extras we mainly has UK guests.

UK guests in general have less requirements (although not always), but for us one of things about owning the villas is to get to have guests from all over the world and not just the UK. We have a really nice Mexican family in the 7 bed at the moment who were an absolute pleasure to deal with [msnsmile2]. We also get a lot of guests from the US and Canada as well as lots of other places like Spain, Bermuda etc etc.

Magical Dreams
17-07-2004, 01:49
Sounds just the job!!

Only thing is our 2 youngest are only 22 months old.

They would be a little wrinkly if left in the pool for the remainder of the day!!

Although they do enjoy playing with a nice cardboard box!! (EMPTY OF COURSE)
:)

chrisj
17-07-2004, 01:59
Oh right, well being that young I can see you will need to entertain them a lot more
than we have to with ours

Magical Dreams
17-07-2004, 02:03
The eldest would grow gills and fins if he could!!

He's like your kids, can't get him out of the water once he is in!!

Bath time is a different matter though!! [}:)]

chrisj
17-07-2004, 02:05
:D:D:D:D I can imagine

sarahjk
17-07-2004, 02:21
The eldest would grow gills and fins if he could!!

This sounds like my eldest daughter, when we were out at Xmas all the rest of us had already got out of the pool because it was starting to get a bit colder and she did not want to, we ended up threatening her with no pool for the rest of the week before she would get out, but the 4 year old is fast getting the same way, but as long as we can get Nick or Disney on the TV at the moment we can always get her in
In to minds about when that changes I cant wait to have less of the above channels but not looking forward to arguing with 2 children that it is far too cold to stay out any longer[msncry]

daxon
18-07-2004, 02:05
Oh! If you only knew what you had started with this thread!!!
Its been the Saturday evening get together & as always talk turns to Florida. We just been watching the 2000 video (how sad are we!![msnwink])
Grampa says a pool should be enough for any child!
Mum says she would love to think that a table tennis table or the like was available to keep children in the shade for a bit
Son says he thinks PS2 a must (although he's not allowed one at home!)
And me?.................I just want a sun lounger& a bit of peace & quiet!!!!!
[:I][:I]

Carla
18-07-2004, 18:49
We've just returned from a 3 week trip with our 23 year old son, daughter of 16 and her 3 friends from school (all 16). We provide everything on the list above, but the things on the top of their "hit" list whenever they were chilling out, were, in order of popularity (AFTER the pool of course):

1. DVDs for watching their rented movies and ones they'd brought with them.
2. Spa (every evening)
3. PlayStation 2 - two players at a time (some evenings and when it was really hot outside and they needed to come in to get cool)

By the way Chris, in the 3 main Summer months guests tend to spend more time at the villa than in the cooler months. We went to the Parks most days, but it was so hot (around 102 in the afternoons on our pool deck for a lot of our trip!!) that we came home each afternoon to swim, play and relax. The two days that we didn't do this (one being our trip to Busch Gardens) we were totally exhausted. The heat and humidity drain all energy, at least all ADULT energy, so the teenagers and youngsters need plenty of other things to do, just to ensure that the adults get some relaxation time. :D:D:D

CarolAnn
18-07-2004, 19:37
OK Guys! I get the message[:0] It would be a good idea to add some things when I am out next[msnsmile] Unfortunately that won't be till Apr 05!
I will especially remember the empty cardboard box for Pontelad!:)How cute[:p]I remember the cardboard box days well:).
Guess I was only thinking of how we go on holiday,we travel lite and really are out most of the time[msncool] Need to be more aware that everyone does something different on THEIR hols[msnsmile2]perhaps more gizmos, will mean More renter too, yippee:D[msnsmile2][msnsmile]:)

Magical Dreams
09-01-2005, 23:37
Maybe we will have to have a new poll when yet another console arrives on the scene!

The Sony PS3

I can see that one stinging the wallet a little bit!!

10-01-2005, 01:33
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Magical Dreams
Maybe we will have to have a new poll when yet another console arrives on the scene!

The Sony PS3

I can see that one stinging the wallet a little bit!!

[/quote]

The PS3 is going to have a $500 price tag and won't be out until 2006.

The next thing coming is the PSP which is the Play Station Portable...........

SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT INC. ANNOUNCES PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS OF HANDHELD VIDEO GAME SYSTEM, PLAYSTATION®PORTABLE (PSP™)

LOS ANGELES, May 11, 2004 – Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) announced today the product specifications for the handheld video game system, PlayStation®Portable (PSP™), three-dimensional-CG games incorporating high-quality, full-motion video similar to PlayStation®2 can be played anytime, anywhere with PSP. PSP is scheduled to be launched in Japan in the end of 2004, followed by the North American and European launches in the spring of 2005.

PSP comes in a black color, with a 16:9 widescreen TFT LCD centered in a sleek ergonomic design with a high-quality finish that fits comfortably in the hands. The dimensions are 170mm x 74mm x 23mm with a weight of 260g. PSP features a high-quality TFT LCD that displays full color (16.77 million colors) on a 480 x 272 pixel high-resolution screen. It also comes complete with the basic functions of a portable player such as built-in stereo speakers, exterior headphone connector, brightness control and sound mode selection. Keys and controls inherit the same operability of PlayStation® and PlayStation 2, familiar to fans all over the world.

PSP also comes equipped with diverse input/output connectors such as USB 2.0, and 802.11b (Wi-Fi) wireless LAN, providing connectivity to various devices in the home and to the wireless network outside. The world of gaming is further enhanced by enabling users to enjoy online gaming, or by connecting multiple PSPs to each other, directly via the wireless network. In addition, software and data can be downloaded through a USB or wireless network onto Memory Stick™ PRO Duo. All of these features can be enjoyed on one single system.

PSP adopts a small but high-capacity optical medium UMD™ (Universal Media Disc), enabling game software, rich with full-motion video and other forms of digital entertainment content, to be stored. The newly developed UMD, the next-generation compact storage media, is only 60mm in diameter but can store up to 1.8GB of digital data. A broad range of digital entertainment content such as music video clips, movies and sports programs can be provided on UMD. To protect this entertainment content, a robust copyright protection system has been developed which utilizes a combination of a unique disc ID, a 128 bit AES encryption keys for the media, and individual ID for each PSP hardware unit.

SCEI intends to aggressively promote PSP and UMD as the new handheld entertainment platform for the coming era.

Magical Dreams
10-01-2005, 02:04
$500 ??

I must plant another money tree!!

LiesaAnna
10-01-2005, 02:10
or 2????????:D:D:D
i have ( the kids think)

KJH
10-01-2005, 02:16
Games room with everything. MOst people say I don't want to go on holiday and stay in, but there are some days when you need a break.

Games rooms keep kids happy especially if they can't go in the pool because of lightning.

resorthomerentals
10-01-2005, 03:21
We enjoyed having a games room the last time we rented a villa. We went with another family and had a bunch of very young children. It was nice for the adults to have some games to play or be able to hang out in the pool after the kids were in bed for the night! Try doing that in a hotel room![msnsmile2]

Phil and Mel
10-01-2005, 21:03
Help!!

It didn't give me the option to vote [msnscared][msnscared]. It just went straight to the results.

Have I done something wrong???[confused][confused][confused]

Phil

chunkichik
10-01-2005, 21:16
I voted for the PS2!!!, mainly for my youngest, who try as we might and may £'sss of swimming lessons later [msnmad] is still not a v. good swimmer. The rest of us are all water babies, I love it, especially in the evening just lazing and listening to the crickets and watching the downtown disney lasers in the sky!!!! [msncry]

domster
11-01-2005, 21:45
I think the majority will have lots of the above!

DOM

Magical Dreams
16-01-2005, 01:43
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by domster
I think the majority will have lots of the above!

DOM
[/quote]

I know you are right!!

Now I know why the villas are so big!

You need the space to get all the extras in!!
[msncool]

Ray&Sarah
16-01-2005, 03:18
We will need expanding walls to fit it all in![msnwink]:D