PDA

View Full Version : If the Ride Breakdown while you are in line

imported_n/a
09-09-2002, 23:08
At Universal and Islands of Adventure (IOA more so), if the ride breakdowns while you are in the queue - you are entitled to a priviledged return pass and can go back and go to the front of the queue once the ride is working again.

tinkerbell
10-09-2002, 01:13
We had these priveledge passes one time when we were on the hulk coaster. We were just starting up the ramp and waiting for the incredible launch when ............ nothing!!! We were stuck up there for ages and eventually had to get out row by row and walk back down the steps!! Quite an exciting experience walking back down the track!!

Tink

orlandobabe
10-09-2002, 14:45
'Scuse me for being a scaredy cat-but having plucked up the courage to go on in the first place-then have it break down on me-I don't think anything would get me on again!

Well a million dollars might!

Orlandobabe

imported_n/a
10-09-2002, 18:50
The Incredile Hulk ride always seemed to be breaking down when it first opened but haven't been for a year or so, so may have got better. Stand underneath this and watch all the sunglasses and hats fall into the net below.

maggie
01-04-2003, 18:20
We broke down on the ET ride in disney some years ago. They got a ladder to get people down. Luckily they managed to get the ride going long enough for everyone to get off and we were given passes to go to the front of the queue on any other ride for that day. Couldn't summon the courage to go back on the one that broke down though. Not too keen of heights.

Maggie

blott
01-04-2003, 19:58
I know it's closed now but we got stuck in the cable car on King Kong once! We were winched around the ride (Kong didn't look so frightening in non-animatronic mode somehow) back to the beginning and sat there for a bit until they got it sorted.

We then went around again when everything was fixed but the poor girl commentator had to try really hard to make it realistic when she knew we'd just seen it all motionless!

mikewj
07-04-2003, 00:33
In our experience, the two most unreliable rides are Spiderman and Men In Black.

Thankfully they still give you the privilege passes to let you back to the front of the line (albeit via a different route).

Unfortunately, Spidey was having such a nightmare one day that this line was only marginally shorter than the regular one !!

tinkerbell
07-04-2003, 12:58
I think I agree with Spidey being the most unreliable. Every time I'm there, they are having technical difficulties with it! Maybe the super-duper effects are too difficult to maintain!

LittleTink
08-05-2003, 22:02
When we went to IOA - the King Kong "experience" was closed, but the Spiderman ride was open - it was brilliant - and its another of those rides that you keep going through more doors, and more lines - until you finally get to the actual thing[8)]

Karen